Digital Strategy Director (UX)
About imre's UX practice.
We are system designers first and each member brings a specialty to our small team whether it’s research, engineering, or visual design. This deliberate makeup allows our small team to function as collaborative strategic consultants and user experience leaders both internally and with our clients. Our team is instrumental in ecosystem design and multi-channel activation strategy as well as downstream execution for technology enabled projects such as websites, chatbots, interactive content, digital onsite experiences, marketing automation and applications.
About the position
The UX Director will create satisfying and compelling experiences for consumers by focusing on reshaping the customer experience as a whole.
This position requires strong leadership, management and organization skills by setting a clear user-first vision, building a detailed strategy, bringing innovative thinking to the team and managing deliverables in an efficient, timely manner.
A skilled storyteller and architect, the UX Director will be at home in a multidisciplinary environment and produce work and strategies that are unique, engaging, and undeniably valuable. They must have an expert understanding of touchpoints across the entire customer journey. The work includes strategy, interaction design and technology innovation across any touchpoint, including web, mobile, digital, social, touch, IOT, OOH, in-store, and physical environments.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Consider “googling” a professional skill/art
- Enjoy iterating and collaborating on complex problems
- Aren't afraid to be wrong and are able to provide alternate solutions and paths forward
- Identify as a problem-solver and able to communicate complex topics to varying audiences
What You’ll Do
- Design and facilitate different types of internal and client workshops from discovery and ideation to alignment and planning
- Connect insights and business requirements to applied and meaningful experiences through active ideation and collaboration.
- Assess digital marketing and user experience roadblocks and quickly leverage digital knowledge and innovation to provide solutions
- Work on and lead interdisciplinary teams to develop multi-channel activation strategies and individual channel and project tactical plans
- Lead and provide oversight on the execution of technology enabled projects; i.e. websites, touch and interactive experiences, marketing automation, etc.
- Provide oversight and management on active projects and bridge communication between disciplines and clients
- Work with external partners and agencies, where necessary, to deliver products/projects
- Participate in the development and delivery of new business pitches and client facing presentations
- Provide strategic council to both clients and internal assets around user experience
- Champion principles of usability and human-centered design within and across the organization
- Develop case studies and thought leadership to aid in new business efforts and service offerings
- Assist in project planning, resource allocation, and estimation processes
- 7-10 years relevant experience (strategy, project management, design, or development are all welcome backgrounds
- Solid background in UX, design thinking, and project management methodologies
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills and an ability to translate complex concepts for audiences of all skill levels
- Demonstrated product/project management experience across digital platforms from concept to completion.
- Proven track record of leading a team, managing vendors and developing digital and UX talent
- Deep understanding of current and future digital, marketing, and technology trends across platforms
- Prior experience working on healthcare projects preferred; an understanding of MLR processes in regards to digital work is of particular value
- Detail-oriented, able to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced and highly interactive environment
- Passion for user experience, problem solving, and storytelling
- Prior experience in a digital marketing agency environment preferred
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM segmentation strategy
- A love of post-it notes and whiteboards
- A strong visual aesthetic
- The best coworkers you'll ever meet
- Reduced Friday hours year round
- $200 quarterly Mind and Body bonus
- Sabbatical leaves starting at 3 years
- 401K with match
- Generous PTO program
- Beer Thursday & Happy Hours in the office
- Bagel Fridays & Wellness Wednesday
- Annual company retreat
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.