imre is an independent marketing agency that creates purpose driven ideas that work. We are a passionate team of creators harnessing the twin powers of optimism and empathy to turn patients and healthcare providers (HCPs) into brand believers. We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting agencies working in pharmaceutical marketing today, and we’re looking to add an Assistant Controller to our Finance team.
Under the general supervision of the Controller, responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operations. Oversees financial statements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgets, American Express charges, employee time, tax file, payroll, and special projects as needed.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plans and directs financial statement preparation and reporting, including balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss reports and cash flow statements.
- Reviews billing reports and billing. Must be able to use client systems (i.e. Ariba, Tungsten, AMP)
- Reviews the entire accounts payable process for the organization. This includes reviewing invoice coding, vendor set up, and compilation of W9’s. Assists staff with compilation of 1099’s, and reviews yearly AP audit. Conducts semi-monthly check/ACH run
- Assists with the annual budget for the agency. Assists team with year-end reporting and analysis
- Assists with American Express cards for the organization. Helps with the process of job costing, receipts, SUT and per diems
- Assists with time entry monitoring, scheduling and reporting
- Assists with training new employees on our systems and reports
- Assists with the annual tax file process
- Manage processes and look for process improvements. Ensure the team is doing the same
- Coordinates fixed asset listing in BNA and imports fixed assets twice yearly. Works with tax accountants on year end reporting of fixed assets
- May be responsible for supervising 1-2 staff. Responsible for hiring, training, and retaining competent staff
- Must have a working knowledge of accounting software and understand how to manage a general ledger system. Must be able to write reports. Advantage preferred
- Perform additional reporting and analysis, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 3-5 years of experience in public accounting-audit.
- CPA required.
- Exceptional Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Must be organized and able to multitask.
- Team player with a positive attitude and confidence.
- Must be able to lead a team effectively
- The best coworkers you'll ever meet
- Reduced Friday hours year round
- $200 quarterly Mind and Body bonus
- Sabbatical leaves starting at 3 years
- 401K with match
- Generous PTO program
- Beer Thursday & Happy Hours in the office
- Bagel Fridays & Wellness Wednesday
- Annual company retreat
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.