Business Development Manager - Consumer
This position will be responsible for generating leads with potential new clients across the primary consumer industries we focus on, including Durable Goods (e.g. outdoor equipment, power tools, home appliances, furnishings and hardware), Automotive and Sports, to help the agency ultimately win new business.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development & Marketing, the ideal candidate will work with other senior leaders in the organization to develop and maintain regular contact with prospects, partners and vendors to produce qualified leads and convert new business for the agency.
Prospecting: Lead generation
- Create and maintain a database of prospective clients using the agency’s CRM tool
- Conduct outreach and follow-up to key, prospective clients across Durable Goods, Automotive and Sports on a regular basis
- Leverage our agency marketing materials (e.g. case studies, thought leadership, events) and external Business Intelligence tools to reach prospects with messaging relevant to how imre can help them achieve their business objectives
- Track, monitor and report on all lead generation activities to continuously secure meetings with new prospects
- On a case-by-case basis:
- Drafting RFI / RFP responses
- Aid in the development of pitch background materials, including prospective client contact and business background research
- Support pitch deck development in partnership with Account, Strategy and Creative leads
- Attend pitches in-person
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an agency or professional services firm environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Dynamic personality with excellent people skills, especially with those at a senior level
- Strong persuasive writing abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates ingenuity in attracting prospects
- Quick learner, grasping the intricacies of our agency services and client work to apply to lead generation efforts effectively
- Travel domestically (10-15%)
- CRM system management
- Firm grasp of LinkedIn
- Either direct Account or New Business experience in an advertising, marketing or digital agency setting
Vice President, Business Development & Marketing
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.