Software Engineer II
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in the Lexington, MA office.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the software development team focused on self-services for web-based MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) and server components for Imprivata’s healthcare security product set. This team is responsible for the architecture, design, and development of server-side features for one of our most exciting, high-growth product lines. This role will be front-and-center in our exciting ongoing transition to the cloud. We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of tough technical problems and who wants to work on products helping over 1 million users every day in saving time, reducing frustration and providing better patient care. We need someone with a passion for building world-class applications and desire to make an impact on our organization and on solving real-world problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivery of technical components for cloud-based and hybrid cloud (cloud with on-premises) application services
- Develop full-stack cloud and on-premises application functionality within a dynamic agile scrum environment
- Create high quality code testable through automation.
- Create unit and functional automated tests
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related degree
- 2-4 years of development experience
- Cloud-based application development experience implementing end-user workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with internal teams as needed
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with relational database principles
- Working knowledge of modern UI tools like Angular 2 or React. Relay and GraphQL is a plus
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment is a plus
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.