SOC Engineer – (Vancouver, Canada – In office)
Do you want to make a positive impact on a global scale? Are you interested in the thriving industries of cloud technology and information security? Or maybe you’re committed to stopping crime and protecting privacy? Cybersecurity is a big deal, both in the news and the economy, with critical real world impact. Come see how our Security Operations Engineers are working with enterprises, small businesses, and government organizations around the world to protect applications and data.
About the Opportunity
Imperva’s Application & Edge Security Team is dedicated to providing first response to security incidents and focused on the operational aspects of web application security: analyzing threats, suggesting direct methods of remediation and mitigation, and actively working to block attacks in real-time.
The scope of activity ranges throughout the application layer, encompassing DoS & DDoS attacks, brute force attacks, scraping and filtering of unwanted traffic, and also extending into analysis and mitigation of application attack vectors, such as XSS, SQLi and remote code execution. It also extends to cover range of sophisticated BOT attacks like scraping.
A complementary aspect is to handle false positives. The SOC engineer owns the task of root cause analysis, suggesting optimal ways to avoid further incidents, and implementing policy and configuration changes accordingly. This requires in-depth analysis of attack packets and expertise in OSI Model Layer 3,4,7 protocols.
The SOC engineer works closely with the Imperva support teams, acting as a focal point for security-related events and incidents. It will also have a bi-directional line of communication with the Imperva security research team, allowing for shared findings, consultation, and maintaining updated knowledge of current policies.
The position requires working from Imperva’s Vancouver office and working on Saturday. A typical work schedule will like Tuesday through Saturday. Work days are flexible as long as they are consistent and covers Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Act as a functional escalation point for active attacks, including both large scale (e.g. DDoS) and sophisticated attackers
- Work directly with customer security teams to mitigate attacks
- Review logs for evidence of application attacks and reconnaissance
- Create and implement security policies to address specific vulnerabilities
- Review active policies for effectiveness and tuning out false positives
- Advise customers during time-sensitive and/or stressful situations
- Internally consult with other departments at Imperva, including support, dev teams and security research functions
- Stay current on cloud, application, and cybersecurity trends
- Minimum of 4 year bachelors degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or Telecommunications or any Technology field.
- Four (4) to Five (5) years’ experience in application or network security preferably in a customer facing role OR Two (2) to Three (3) years’ experience in application or network security with a Master’s degree in a technology field.
- Proficiency with networking protocols and associated technologies
- At least 2 years of experience in mitigating BOT attacks and BOT Behavior
- At least 3 years of experience with web application vulnerabilities and common attack techniques (SQLi, XSS, OWASP Top 10, etc)
- Expertise with network security architecture and engineering
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud infrastructure services like IaaS or SaaS or PaaS
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (i.e. python, bash, java, etc)
- Passion for customer success/advocacy
- Ability to work independently as a confident advisor and consultant
- Excellent communication skills
The anticipated annual base salary range for this position is CAD$76,000 – $110,000. The salary offered will be determined based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, other qualifications, and location.
No agencies please.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.