Senior Sales Engineer
Imperva is the comprehensive digital security leader on a mission to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security, and data security, customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data, and websites from cyberattacks. Imperva Threat Research and our global intelligence community keep Imperva ahead of the threat landscape and integrate the latest security, privacy, and compliance expertise into our solutions.
Imperva Inc., the leader in Application, Data and Network Security, is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer to join our Sales Engineering team in Hong Kong. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center.
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers.
- We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 6200 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- We are now a certified Great Place to Work® in Singapore. https://bit.ly/3Mi2a9E
- Imperva has been named one of the coolest Cloud Security Vendors of 2023 by CRN!
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
Due to our growth, our Imperva team is looking for a high energy and customer centric Senior Sales Engineer (SE), to join the global Sales Engineering Team, to be based in Hong Kong. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to protect against data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk.
The Senior Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Regional Sales Managers, as part of the Global Sales Team and oversee the sales support of Imperva's Application and Data Security/Compliance solutions to existing and prospective customers with the assigned geographic region. The SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge and presentations. They work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via virtual (Zoom, MS Team), and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Imperva’s solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Manage the Regional Strategic Account customer base on their technical needs.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- 10+ years of experience in network security, development, pre-sales engineering, or real world use of database and/or web application solutions; preferably with 5+ of these as a sales engineer and experience working in a start-up and vendor environment
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, database, security, and auditing environments
- Must be fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Must have experience with Windows and Linux
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Compliance standards knowledge (PCI, SOX, HIPAA) – an advantage
- Knowledge in Application/API security – a significant advantage
- Knowledge in databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2) – a significant advantage
- Knowledge in application development (ASP, .NET, PHP, JSP) – an advantage
- Experience with scripting and/or using RegEx - an advantage
- Knowledge of advanced internet route selection protocols - an advantage
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of you business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter
Rewards: Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Legal Notice: Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.