Role: Commercial Counsel
Why Imperva Legal?
- Small and nimble legal team means you can make a great impact
- Complex product and services sales model and global, cross-functional operating teams will allow you to greatly expand your experience and expertise
- Transparent, innovative management and collaborative atmosphere
- You want to be a key contributor on a global scale and not just a cog in a machine
- You enjoy working with sales and driving top-line growth for the business
- You have a solid foundation in your area of expertise, but can issue spot in diverse areas of law
- You are confident in your judgment but open to feedback and collaborative decision-making
- You’re an excellent communicator and eager to innovate
You are an experienced Commercial Counsel with significant outbound commercial contracts expertise. You work well in a fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals, and have the ability to communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management. You will report to the Head of Commercial in Imperva’s Legal Department.
You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, balance legal and business concerns, and draft and negotiate agreements. Experience with issues pertaining to domestic and international enterprise software licensing, SaaS, intellectual property, and data privacy is preferred.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts, including outbound licensing, professional services, channel partner, nondisclosure, and other commercial and technology-related agreements
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently
- Support the development and implementation of various standardized processes and procedures
- Provide legal support for procurement and various business units regarding negotiation of vendor agreements
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions
- Maintain and revise template agreements as required
- Practicing attorney with a current license
- Minimum of 7 years of contracts drafting and negotiation experience at technology companies and/or law firms
- Familiarity with a wide variety of commercial, licensing, hardware, services, and other software related agreements, including data privacy terms
- High integrity, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills and significant experience in working closely with both internal clients and customers/partners/suppliers
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and able to react promptly
- Understanding of contract and negotiation principles in the business and legal context
- A team-oriented style yet are able to work with little or no supervision
- Able to apply sound business judgment
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off, and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.