We are building this new team to explore and incubate end-to-end initiatives in a rapid-pace startup environment. The team will be focused on driving Imperva’s strategy in the Cybersecurity arena through build-buy-partner activities.
Incubations will include a diverse stack of technologies and markets around Application and Data Security, with a high focus on growth acceleration, product innovation and brand.
Principal Software Engineer | Innovation Office
- Understand a business task and translate it to a technical task
- Deliver innovative solutions by choosing the best technology for each task
- Quickly research and adopt new technologies in a variety of fields (Cybersecurity, Cloud technologies, Networking, Protocols and more)
- At least 6 years of R&D experience as part of a team
- A solid understanding of software development in one or more different languages paradigms: OOP (i.e. Java, .Net), Script (i.e. Bash), semi-OOP (i.e. JS), loosely-typed language (i.e. Python)
- Solid understanding of Cloud technologies
- Great team player
- Very good research capabilities backed by robust technical decision-making process
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Good web-app background: HTTP, client-server request response flow
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A belief in the importance of knowledge of design patterns and an understanding of development best practices
- Cybersecurity background
- Experience with containerized environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with performance intensive solutions
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.