As an Escalation Engineer, you will be part of the top layer of the support organization in the Americas, working alongside our exceptional team of professionals in Engineering, QA, Security, Product Management and Product Support. You will be working as an integral part of the Support team, being available for other Support engineers to ask for assistance, being the main link between Support and Product Development and developing and maintaining tools to make the Support engineer’s job easier. This will involve a wide range of skills, including mentoring Support engineers, reading source code or network traces to track down a stubborn bug, updating internal tools and writing internal and external Knowledge Base articles, all in the space of a single day.
You will be responsible for analyzing and resolving complex and challenging issues, and communicating the methods used to the Support team to help them build on their skills. Where bugs or product improvements are identified, you will be responsible for coordinating with the development organization and prioritizing the required work to ensure that the customers get their issues resolved in a timely manner. Ultimately, you will have a large part in driving the quality of Imperva products forward, either by yourself or by coordinating activities of different departments in the company.
You will also be part of a team building and maintaining tools which allow the Support organization to analyze data and diagnose problems more quickly and efficiently. This will require being able to read, write and edit scripts, primarily in Bash, Python and Java. Updating these tools to work with new iterations of our product line ensures that Imperva’s high standards of Support can be maintained, and that the Support organization is able to carry out their tasks efficiently and accurately.
Personally, you should be someone who is interested in learning continually, in a variety of ways such as reading docs, webinars, hands-on labs, video tutorials and group discussions. You should be self motivated to learn complex technologies, both on your own and in a team setting, and you should also be keen and enthusiastic to share what you are learning with the wider team.
- Demonstrable experience in a technical (CS related) field or B.Sc. degree in CS or EE.
- 5 years of experience in Technical Support/Escalation engineer role.
- Proven hands- on experience and understanding of Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience in networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing protocols, and various deployment types), focusing on L2-L7 including the use of network traffic capture and analysis tools.
- Good understanding of Shell scripting, Python scripting and/or scripting in another common language.
- At least one of:
- Extended knowledge and experience with the HTTP(S) protocol and structures.
- Extended knowledge of various SQL Databases (such as Oracle and MSSQL) including communication protocols and SQL syntax.
- Ability to work with several interfaces in parallel and matrix management skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to influence without authority and drive results.
- Excellent English, both verbal and written.
- AWS or Azure Certifications
- Hands-on experience with Application Security topics such as SQLi, XSS or other OWASP Top 10 Attack vectors.
- Experience triaging CVEs and determining impact on infrastructure, as well as mitigation strategies.
- Working knowledge of SSL and PKI including ciphers, handshakes, CAs and certificates.
- Experience with Virtual and/or Cloud based Environments (such as VMWareESXi, or Hyper-V, AWS and Azure.)
- Experience with Load Balancers, Application / Network Firewalls, and similar technologies.
- C and Java programming skills.
- Advanced certifications such as CCNP/DBA etc.