Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manger
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Downtown Vancouver ( Must reside or being willing to relocate to Vancouver for this position)
Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications wherever they reside – on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs, and service providers who rely on Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
We are looking for a Development Manager to oversee and grow two of our core product teams. Our ideal candidate is a strong leader who is passionate about building great products with great teams in a highly collaborative and very technical environment. We are looking for someone who can display leadership through transformation and display management through positive influence. You will be responsible for assisting the teams with technical difficulties, deciding what goes in and out of the product scope, managing technical issues, sprint planning and delegating tasks.
This unique opportunity will allow you to use your experience to create, plan and manage product roadmaps for multi-disciplined teams. You will also develop and execute technical project plans from conception to release to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
- In this role you will provide your technical expertise to help build roadmaps for product strategy, development and enhancements
- Work with Team Leaders and Business Stakeholders in the roadmap definition process
- Plan and manage product sprints
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to upcoming company projects
- Provide leadership to a small team of developers and Technical Specialists
- Work with your team to continuously drive improvements in quality and productivity
- Provide mentorship and carry out regular 1 x1 meetings with direct reports to go over any feedback and career progression goals
- Be an active participant in hiring new team members and providing performance management
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for technical personnel
- Delegate tasks and manage all technical issues within the team
- Carry out any necessary configuration and enhancements of the product features using Python
- 8 + years’ of object orientated programing experience
- 5 + years of Python Programming experience
- 4 + years in a leadership role providing technical direction to less senior staff
- Proven track record of delivering complex development projects
- Previous experience leading a multi-disciplined team
- Exposure to working with a variety of different databases is considered an asset (MongoDB experience is preferred)
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.