Incident Response Team Manager
Incident Response Team Manager
Imperva is seeking a collaborative and diligent person with a passion for infrastructure to manage the incident response team within our global Network Operations Center (NOC). The NOC is a 24x7x365 follow-the-sun monitoring and response team that is responsible for the overall health and operational success of our cloud infrastructure. This function plays a key role in our commitment towards customer success.
Dedicated incident commanders within the NOC are a critical resource that help keep the subject-matter experts focused on the task of service restoration by coordinating incident response, guiding resources during triage and remediation of cloud infrastructure service disruptions. This work ensures that service disruptions are kept to a minimum, while internal and customer communications are optimized during, and after, an incident. This team is geographically distributed among our Singapore, Plano, TX, Belfast, UK, and Rehovot, IL locations, and as the team manager you will need to be homed to one of those offices. You will manage a follow-the-sun team as a “player-coach” and will be required to work some weekend on-call duties rotating amongst members of the team. Your duties will include:
- Staff management: development, recruiting, performance evaluations
- Oversight of the post-mortem/root-cause analysis (RCA) activities following event resolution
- Strategic development and implementation of incident response process improvements
- Working with stakeholders across product, engineering, and operations teams across the company
- Driving improvement of customer and internal stakeholder communications during service-affecting incidents
- Coordinating people and moving pieces during troubleshooting and corrective activities
- Assessing and confirming customer impact during incidents
- Informing customer support and senior leadership throughout the incident
- Addressing questions and concerns from internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that teams responding to incidents focused on tasks at hand
- Maintaining incident timeline
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a program related to information technology/computer science, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years managing a team of operational employees
- At least 8 years experience within IT infrastructure operations (ITSM), especially within a service-provider (e.g. ISP, SaaS, IaaS) environment
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in both verbal and written formats in English
- Experience with gathering, synthesizing, and prioritizing information from subject-matter experts
- Ability to work in high-stress situations and keep incident responders calm and focused
- Availability to work on-call weekend shifts in rotation with other team members
- Familiarity with complex distributed systems
- Familiar with the OSI model, and ability to talk about ways to make a system more resilient to failure
- Comfortable with both big-picture as well as technical minutiae within a multi-datacenter topology
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems, Juniper routing and switching platforms, system logging, BGP routing, and DNS protocols
Imperva is the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. Customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data and websites from cyber attacks. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security and data security, Imperva protects companies through all stages of their digital journey. Imperva Research Labs and our global intelligence community enable Imperva to stay ahead of the threat landscape and seamlessly integrate the latest security, privacy and compliance expertise into our solutions. Learn more on the Imperva website or company blog, and follow Imperva on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in cybersecurity. Learn about Imperva products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.