Senior Sales Engineer Japan
Imperva Inc., the leader in Application, Data and Network Security, is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer to join our Global Sales Engineering team in Japan. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center.
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers.
- We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 5900 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
- Imperva is named an overall leader in the 2021 KuppingerCole Leadership Compass for Database and Big Data Security
Due to our growth, our Imperva team is looking for a high energy and customer centric Senior Sales Engineer (SE), to join the Global Sales Engineering Team.
You will be supporting an award winning Enterprise Field Sales Team who consistently hit their commission accelerators and attend President's Club so we are looking for an exceptionally talented, motivated Senior Sales Engineer to bring their 'A game' and join a successful Team.
We would prefer someone whose main technical strengths lie in either Application Security or Database security
Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to protect against data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk.
The Senior Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Regional Sales Managers, as part of the Global Sales Team and oversee the sales support of Imperva's SecureSphere Web Application and Database Security/Compliance products to existing and prospective customers with the assigned geographic region. The SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge and presentations. They work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Imperva’s solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Regional Strategic Account customer base on their technical needs.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- 5 years of experience in network security, development, pre-sales engineering, or real world use of database and/or web application solutions; preferably with 2+ of these as a sales engineer and experience working in a start-up and vendor environment
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, database, security, and auditing environments
- Must have experience with Linux
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Compliance standards knowledge (PCI, SOX, HIPAA) – an advantage
- Knowledge in databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2) – a significant advantage
- Knowledge in application development (ASP, .NET, PHP, JSP) – an advantage
- Experience with scripting and/or using RegEx - an advantage
- Knowledge of advanced internet route selection protocols - an advantage
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills in Japanese
- English skills (both written and verbal) - REQUIRED
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
- Requires 50% travel availability and flexibility