Senior Revenue Accountant
Sr. Revenue Accountant
Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and all paths to it!
- 6,200 customers and 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- The leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls for 5 straight years
- The leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Services, highest scoring for “current offering” and “strategy”
- Our market is growing and Imperva is leading the charge. We’re actively seeking the right people to help us reach the pinnacle of performance. Are you ready for an exceptional challenge, where and what you deliver can really make a difference? If so, let’s connect now.
Imperva is looking for a professional with strong technical and operational skills to be a lead of the company’s global revenue accounting operations for the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions. This high visibility position will report directly to the Revenue Manager and Assistant Corporate Controller. The position will manage all aspects of revenue accounting and continuously improving revenue process and systems efficiencies. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-growth environment where the initial work will be at the ‘hands-on, managerial, and executive/strategic levels. This is an excellent opportunity to be an essential member of the revenue team growing a cutting edge data center and cloud-based security technology company. Our team members are based in Europe, Asia and the US and very flexible in remote work environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Revenue Manager, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Perform monthly/quarterly revenue accounting close tasks for review by revenue managers and above including but not limited to preparing revenue schedules, journal entries, SSP analyses, revenue analytics and account reconciliations for revenue and related accounts.
- Perform revenue contracts review and apply critical thinking to ensure revenue contracts have been properly accounted, especially non-standard T&Cs in accordance with ASC606 and any related guidance.
- Support Revenue Manager in preparing schedules and supporting documents for external year-end audit related to revenue cycle.
- Assist in maintaining formal revenue accounting policies, practices and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance and internal controls.
- Monitor relevant US GAAP and SEC developments to ensure the company’s revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Ability to work with team members spread across multiple offices and other key stakeholders (Finance, Legal, IT, Sales Ops) on deals during the negotiation phase, advising on how to structure key terms, and communicating how revenue will be booked and recognized.
- Attention to detail in documenting reviews in accordance with ASC 606 accounting standards
- Pro-active in taking on process improvement initiatives to further streamline revenue process as business expands and shorten the revenue close calendar.
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; and drive projects to successful completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA is preferred.
- Understanding of current GAAP standards as well as familiarity with ASC 606 with Big 4 Experience a plus
- 4+ years of software revenue accounting, preferably for a high technology product company that sells a combination of software and hardware services and SaaS products.
- Experience with RevPro, NetSuite, Salesforce or equivalent systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills.
- A highly productive self-starter with a strong work ethic, strong attention to detail.
- and commitment to excellence.
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and shift in priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
To Apply: Visit our Careers page
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.