Tech Lead, DDoS Team
Imperva is a multi-billion dollar cybersecurity company, protecting the world’s largest organizations from cyber-attacks. We work in a Hybrid Model from home and from the office (Rehovot) and We have been recognized as one of the Best 50 high-tech companies to work for in Israel 2022 by Dun & Bradstreet! https://www.duns100.co.il/Imperva_%D7%90%D7%99%D7%9E%D7%A4%D7%A8%D7%91%D7%94
The DDoS team is looking for a strong tech lead to solve incredibly challenging low-level networking problems, deliver new capabilities, and continue to scale our platform to meet the increasing needs of our customers world-wide. You will lead and mentor our real time developers in Israel and India, manage the technologies based on C/C++, Microservices, Cloud(AWS) and innovate our next phase of the DDoS SaaS solution.
The Network Security team is the frontline defense for all DDoS threats world-wide, against all Imperva’s customers and services. Our architecture must be highly scalable, performant, and continually evolve against threats as they emerge.
Candidates who enjoy computer networking, deep packet analysis, low-level, performance sensitive, systems programming and have deep analytical skills and excellent communication skills will find the DDoS team to be inline with their interests and desire for challenge. You must be able to highly collaborate, be creative, analytical and thrive in fast-paced environments, all while interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
- Advice, mentor the development teams include offshore teams
- Hands on – Mentor, Design new feature, Develop, Innovate, Be part of the OnCall cycle.
- Mitigate DDoS attacks
- Act as expert for all subjects related to DDoS Protection.
- Deliver the projects related to the DDoS product roadmap
- Work with the security technology teams and Chapters to ensure maximum risk reduction is obtained from existing security solutions
- Create, own and maintain the tactical roadmap in alignment with Product Forum decisions
- Work with the Technology Lead to ensure consistency between the tactical roadmap and the strategic roadmap
- Align with and manage the vendor relationship in order to receive inputs on the next releases. Estimate the potential impact on the current product delivered to the entities. Communicate/explain the tactical roadmap on a regular basis to the entities
- Drive the day to day delivery of the tactical product roadmap
The ideal candidate has strong technical background in computer networking and systems-level (e.g. C/C++) programming experience. Knowledge of DPDK is a definite plus!
- Must have
- 5+ years of programming experience with C++ including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems
- 2+ years of experience with SaaS solutions
- Experience building, maintaining, and supporting high performance production systems at scale
- Experience as a tech lead / Software Architect
- Experience with Java (AWS Micro services)
- Networking experience (L2/3)
- Experience in developing in packet processing
- DDoS expertise / Security domain
- Proficiency with networking concepts and protocols including IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, ICMP and BGP
- Experience with DPDK
Skills / abilities:
- Experience with DPDK or developing / using NIC Hardware Offloads. Existing experience solving for DDoS threats.
- Experience designing and building high throughput networking systems
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Experience building complex and distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross functional teams
- Professional and positive approach
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Fluent in English
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.