Sr. Manager, Communications
Senior Manager – Communications
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.
We are actively looking for our next game-changing PR & Social leader to develop and implement Imperva’s global PR & social strategy. This person will ensure an always-on, steady drumbeat of media moments and compelling stories that build and maintain a positive Imperva brand, and increases our share of voice. You’re a team of one for now but will partner closely with agencies to execute on your plan.
If your passion is working with executives and others across the organization, and you believe PR and social can make a significant impact in helping a company meet its growth goals, then this is the role for you.
PR & Social Responsibilities
- Global PR & Social Strategy: Work with the executive team, others in the organization and external agencies to design a strategy that includes brand and product awareness, thought leadership, compelling messaging and an integrated approach to external communications.
- Agency Oversight: Guide the day-to-day activities of external PR agencies to drive relevant press coverage for the company, and to execute on the social strategy.
- Communications Strategy: Develop and execute an external communications strategy around awards and crises as needed.
- Organic Social: Develop and execute the strategy and execution of organic social channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
- Brand / Product Launches: Support brand campaigns and product launches
- Thought Leadership: Create and manage a thought leadership program for key Imperva executives, which includes crafting narratives and messaging.
- Storytelling: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product marketing, product management, and sales, to consistently unearth stories and media opportunities – and convert those into interviews or social posts.
- Execution: Write and/or edit press releases, contributed articles, speaking abstracts, and other materials as needed.
- Innovation: Generate strategic ideas and opportunities to expand beyond traditional public relations and social campaigns, and have the ability and passion to lead these ideas from conception to results.
- Metrics: Gather analytics to measure the success of the PR/Social strategy and adjust as needed.
- 7+ years of experience driving global public relations or communications programs for B2B high-growth software companies; in-house or PR agency experience
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to create and executive PR & Social campaigns that raise brand awareness and increase share of voice
- Experience building and managing media programs that deliver measurable results.
- Experience working with multiple platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Glassdoor, YouTube, Wikipedia, etc.
- Understand user behavior on the various social platforms and can flex to derive the most value from each one
- Uses effective ways of tracking and measuring what works best on each social platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with an ability to drive to results.
- Proven ability to make effective, reliable, and at times, tough decisions quickly based upon analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Aptitude to thrive in a global, matrixed organization, leveraging and influencing others to achieve objectives. A team player, effectively interacting with media, executives, customers and employees at all levels within the organization
- Experience managing agencies and putting in place scalable processes to drive and measure results
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.comand career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.