Engineering Director, Application Security
Imperva is seeking a director of engineering to lead product development for the Web Application Firewall Gateway (A.K.A. SecureSphere WAF). Web attacks deny services and steal sensitive data. Imperva Web Application Firewall (WAF) Gateway analyzes and inspects incoming requests to applications and APIs and stops these attacks. You will be responsible for development and maintenance of the next generation of Web Application Firewalls which are deployed on premises in physical and virtual environments as well as in public cloud deployments such as AWS and Azure. This includes the real time enforcement engine, its management as well as the test automation of the product.
You will be reporting to the Vice President engineering of Application Security and be the driving force behind this product which is used by thousands of enterprises worldwide. You will serve as a key member of the Product Development management team and collaborate with other engineering leaders on strategic topics and initiatives. You will work in a fast growing and challenging environment.
· Own the technical output of the Web Application Firewall Gateway development team. Ensure high technical standards by instituting processes (technical design, code reviews, testing and rollout) and culture (hacker mentality, agility and engineering excellence). Review and drive long term technical direction. Meet delivery goals while meeting KPI targets.
· Lead teams of highly professional engineers that can execute both independently and collaboratively to deliver results, while providing high-level guidance and support to promote an innovative and challenging work environment.
· Hire and manage teams of engineers, provide guidance and direction to achieve the technical vision and strategy.
· Work to scope and plan key deliverables with business stakeholders and development teams to ensure successful delivery.
· Work closely with other functional groups to define priorities, direction and timelines
· Collaborate closely with Sales, Product Management, Marketing and Customer Success in an agile environment, balancing between supporting existing customers and working on new features, while driving motivation in the team
· 8+ years of experience in software development in C/C++/Java
· 5+ years of experience leading large engineering teams, including test automation engineering/quality assurance
· B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience managing organizations of 20+ engineers
· Experience managing engineering managers
· Experience supporting enterprise software deployed by hundreds of customers worldwide across different software versions
· Deep domain knowledge and hands-on capabilities in at least one of the following areas: web applications, cloud environments, networking, application/network/data security.
· Strong passion to understand, learn, and evaluate new technologies
· Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.