Director, Product Marketing - Data Security
This leader will define, create, and implement the strategy and vision for Imperva’s strong positioning and cohesive messaging for the company’s rapidly-evolving data security solutions. The role will include strategic planning and initiatives, team management, and communication/delivery of strategy and innovation initiatives to the executive leadership team. The team leader will also collaborate with cross-functional executive leadership to ensure Imperva’s accelerated growth.
The successful candidate must express credibility in technical knowledge and a demonstrated ability to partner closely with the technology organization. This is an opportunity for a dynamic product marketing leader to join a successful security company and drive substantial growth. This leader will be armed with truly differentiated products and superior technology along with a fully supportive executive team on a mission to transform the way companies protect their evolving databases.
- Define and create content strategies, execution activity, and reporting and analytics capability.
- Develop presentation materials to articulate the strategy and story to present to the executive leadership team.
- Manage and mentor existing international team, including leadership development for senior members of the team.
- Monitor business metrics in regard to revenues, profitability, market share, and product mix.
- Conduct competitive analysis and intelligence, and have complete comprehension of the marketplace, including market research and roadmap input.
- Develop effective strategies and tactics to up-sell and cross-sell existing customers on new products and services.
Year One Success:
Success is evaluated on several factors, including:
- For each solution, deliver stellar messaging and positioning for each customer segment and region, and become a valuable resource for the sales team.
- Become indispensable to the roadmap development and sales process by leading a team that builds strong relationships and collaborations with the sales and product teams.
- Establish credibility with the engineering team and develop strong relationships and collaborations with the technology organization.
- Identifying, developing, and championing new multi-million dollar opportunities to drive growth in bookings.
The ideal candidate will be a data-driven leader with a history of exceptional accomplishment driving demand in a rapidly growing security company with a complex portfolio of products. S/he will have a successful track record as a content creator and thought leader in high growth security organizations. This leader has built and scaled organizations and hired and led a team of “A” players, while successfully elevating the brand.
S/he is extremely focused and capable of creating an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term opportunities. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in a challenging multi-product environment, with the ability to embrace change while continuing to delight the customer. Additionally, this individual will work cross-functionally with a collaborative nature to develop and communicate strategy to foster support across the business and drive growth.
DOMAIN EXPERTISE AND EDUCATION:
- Strong track record in developing use cases within a multi-product environment.
- Demonstrated experience defining and deploying content creation strategies across product portfolios. Background creating and delivering thought leadership content, including client and keynote presentations.
- Proven success record of partnering with sales to drive increases in bookings and sales.
- Track record of partnering with engineering and product leaders to effectively align business and technology objectives.
- History of designing and implementing a go-to-market strategy and execution plan for products, solutions and portfolios, net new logo business and whitespace.
- Data-driven analysis for pricing, packaging, roadmap input, customer acquisition and retention.
- Track record of driving a metrics-oriented, highly accountable organization focused on measurable outcomes.
- External communications expertise aligned to different sales stages and increasing close rates.
- Has vision, serving as a driver to enable a team.
- Relationship acumen: ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and active mentor with a track record of hiring and inspiring A+ players.
- Upholds the corporate culture while building and scaling a world-class company.
- Strong personality who can effectively partner with engineering and product leaders.
- Possesses the ability to influence without authority.
- Organizes complex projects, enrolls the right talent, monitors progress and holds people accountable for success.
- Excellent at anticipating challenges and obstacles to achieving goals, analyzing potential risks and developing insights into situations, applying innovative solutions to address root causes.
- Builds coalitions of support through give-and-take interactions, gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
- Selects “battles” wisely and compromises appropriately, inviting other points of view and anticipating reactions and objections of others.
- Communicates clearly, regularly, and appropriately.
- Fosters an open work environment and generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Dedicated to creating an incredible customer experience.
- Upholds the core values of the Imperva organization: ownership, energy, agility & speed, service, being human.
- Able to take a laser approach to high value-projects.
- Steady, supportive, and naturally collaborative.
- Business maturity, persistence, adaptability, and work ethic/drive.
- Intellectually curious, problem solver, eager to learn, a persuasive and charismatic change agent.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.