Senior Security Engineer
Imperva is the comprehensive digital security leader on a mission to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security, and data security, customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data, and websites from cyberattacks. Imperva Threat Research and our global intelligence community keep Imperva ahead of the threat landscape and integrate the latest security, privacy, and compliance expertise into our solutions.
Imperva is looking for a professional, self-motivated, experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Production Engineering team.
- We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 6000 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- We are now a certified Great Place to Work® in Singapore. https://bit.ly/3Mi2a9E
- Imperva has been named one of the coolest Cloud Security Vendors of 2023 by CRN!
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
Imperva is looking for a passionate Senior Security Engineer to join our global InfoSec team. As a senior member of Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) team, you will be working with other seasoned security professionals using state-of-the-art security tools and techniques to detect, prevent, investigate, and respond to security threats and attacks against our corporate and production environments. You will be in the first line of defense, expected to have extensive knowledge on different security domains and policies with hands-on experience. You are also expected to work with other business units to provide security guidance and training.
This position that requires on-call rotation to cover 24 x 7 security monitoring.
- Monitor, investigate, and triage security events when occur to maintain and mature our threat modeling
- Manage InfoSec ticket queue to conduct investigation, and document resolution
- Proactive network, endpoint, and email monitoring to hunt for suspicious activity and threat
- Perform threat research and prepare threat reports regularly
- Perform threat hunts and prepare hunt reports
- Develop security log correlation threat detection alerts and dashboards using SIEM
- Configure and manage security tools such as SIEM, email protection, EDR, DLP and vulnerability scanner
- Perform security gap and risk analysis quarterly
- Generate, review, and evaluate vulnerability findings
- Review and investigate DLP events
- Document, investigate and escalate security incidents
- Work closely with IT and other business units to review system configuration and integration
- Work with internal teams to develop and implement security standards and best practices for the whole organization
- Perform 3rd party security assessments for new and renewing vendors
- 5+ years of experience in InfoSec field OR 7+ years of experience in an IT Operations role with InfoSec exposure
- 5+ years of cloud security experience
- 3 years of hands-on experience with Splunk Enterprise Security or other SIEM tools
- 3 years of working experience in security alert monitoring and investigation
- 3 years of hands-on threat hunt experience
- Strong understand of MITRE ATT&CK techniques
- Ability to interpret security logs and network traffic to identify attack pattern and recognize typical attack scenarios
- Strong knowledge in email, network, and endpoint security
- Strong contributor with prior global team experience
- Knowledge of data security architecture, data classification, and writing policies
- Strong organization skills, ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Maintain strong knowledge of recent security vulnerabilities, attack vectors, attack methods, and remediation techniques.
- Develop security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills to enable effective cross-department communications
- Previous experience administering security infrastructure is a major plus
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.