Network Operations Center Engineer
Network Operations Center Engineer
Imperva is seeking a collaborative and diligent person with a passion for infrastructure to work as a Network Operations Center Engineer within our global Network Operations Center (NOC). The NOC is a 24x7x365 follow-the-sun monitoring and response team that is responsible for the overall health and operational success of our cloud infrastructure. This function plays a key role in our commitment towards customer success.
As a NOC Engineer, you are expected to have networking and operational knowledge that will enable you to respond and remediate alerts from network equipment and related systems across our global datacenters. You will work daytime hours, including weekend and holiday shift rotations, in our Plano, TX office, responding in real-time to alerts and events, and taking active part in incident management. At times you will also participate in projects with direct impact on the reliability and performance of the Imperva network. Your duties will include:
- Actively engage in incident response: triage and remediation
- Follow standard operating procedures, while recommending improvements as a result of experience and observations
- Point of escalation for critical customer issues
- Contribute to improving Imperva’s global network performance and stability
- Building and maintaining knowledge as you develop expertise
- Training and mentoring of new NOC engineers
- Assist on long term projects and operational issues as needed
- Analyze operational data to produce reports and insights on network performance
- Willingness to grow in knowledge and span of responsibility
Required Experience and Skills:
- Networking certifications: such as CCNA, JNCIA, etc.
- Working knowledge of Internetworking (BGP)
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, HTTP/S and DNS
- Basic knowledge of Linux and scripting languages
- A strong team player who is accountable towards business urgency
- Ability to stay organized in a multi-tasking environment
- Self-starter personality
- End-user experience with various monitoring tools/systems (Zabbix, Grafana, ELK, Pingdom etc.)
Imperva is the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. Customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data and websites from cyber attacks. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security and data security, Imperva protects companies through all stages of their digital journey. Imperva Research Labs and our global intelligence community enable Imperva to stay ahead of the threat landscape and seamlessly integrate the latest security, privacy and compliance expertise into our solutions. Learn more on the Imperva website or company blog, and follow Imperva on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in cybersecurity. Learn about Imperva products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.