Business Development Manager (DDoS Specialists)
Imperva Inc. the leader in Application, Data and Network Security, is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager (DDoS) to join our Solution Specialist team in Japan. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center.
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers.
- We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 5900 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
- Imperva is named an overall leader in the 2021 KuppingerCole Leadership Compass for Database and Big Data Security
Business Development Manager (DDoS)
The Business Development Manager (DDoS) will play a vital role in the growth of market penetration of Imperva’s industry-leading DDoS protection solutions which reduces the risk of downtime without incurring latency.
In this role, you will become a sales expert in our DDoS solutions. With oversight, coaching, and support from our VP APJ Cybersecurity Solution Specialist you will combine product and network protection industry knowledge with enterprise sales skills to be the primary resource for the sales team to land and expand new and existing accounts specifically through opportunities ripe for your solution.
You must excel at solution-based sales techniques and partner with the Sales teams to strategize and execute team-based selling strategies. This is a complementary role to our field and sales engineering teams and you must be comfortable in a complex Channel-first selling environment. You will leverage your key existing relationships and those of the greater Imperva organization, at the C-Suite level.
- Become a sales expert in Imperva’s DDoS solution
- Work in tandem with the Field Sales teams and Sales Engineers to inform the customer/prospect and demonstrate Imperva’s capabilities
- Drive opportunities at the strategic and tactical level in a Primarily Hunter Role
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key CXO client decision-makers, including maintaining a sales strategy based on customers’ requirements.
- Keeps informed on new products, services, and other general information of interest to customers, through successful completion of Imperva Sales Training and self-study
- Stays informed of customer business opportunities, current conditions, future prospects, active measurements, and competitive issues. Regularly briefs Imperva management on status, prospects, and current needs of top customers
- Keeps records and generates reports on all phases of activities, including Account Plans, Win Plans, and forecasts
- Participates in varied sales activities requiring perseverance, preparation, ingenuity, and responsibility
- Display strong time management skills
- Understand and manage all phases of the sales cycle; ability to handle technical/product inquiries without a SE when needed
- Accurately forecasts all territory business utilizing Salesforce.com
- 5+ years of demonstrated ongoing success as a Territory Account Representative, Strategic Account Manager, Sales Engineer OR Regional Account Manager
- Experience selling Networking solutions (Telco and Managed Service Providers experience will be highly regarded)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Dynamic, high-energy sales professional with a history of years of successful experience in direct sales, high-level, executive selling of long-cycle products.
- Willingness to drive deals through leads coming from BDRs and Channel by operating in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to exceed quota and deliver monthly forecasts accurately
- Strong computer, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com – desirable.