Public Relations Manager, APJ
Imperva is the comprehensive digital security leader on a mission to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security, and data security, customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data, and websites from cyberattacks. Imperva Threat Research and our global intelligence community keep Imperva ahead of the threat landscape and integrate the latest security, privacy, and compliance expertise into our solutions.
Imperva is seeking a PR professional with 8 years’ experience to lead PR programs in ANZ, Japan and Singapore. You’ll act as the APJ hub, coordinating activity across these markets, and be the primary contact for Singaporean and regional business, trade and vertical media. You’ll provide guidance and direction to two PR agency teams, and be responsible for increasing awareness of Imperva via Social Media and engage in conversations with relevant communities. The role will partner closely with APJ Marketing and Sales to grow thought leadership for Imperva and its executives via interviews, contributed articles, blog posts, and speaking opportunities. The role reports to the Director of Communications, and is based in Singapore.
- We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 6000 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- We are now a certified Great Place to Work® in Singapore. https://bit.ly/3Mi2a9E
- Imperva has been named one of the coolest Cloud Security Vendors of 2023 by CRN!
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
Core responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a pan-regional and country-level plans that create thought leadership and raise awareness for Imperva in a variety of print and online publications
- Prioritizing, developing, and executing PR programs for ANZ, Japan, and Singapore / SEA
- Providing direction and strategies for APJ PR agency teams
- Creating and coordinating APJ content, including: APJ-focused stories based on Imperva data, APJ-specific media alerts, review and edit global Imperva reports to shape stories for the region/individual countries, briefing documents, messaging, content for Social Media, contributed articles, speaker’s abstracts, etc.
- Media training and or preparing regional spokespeople for interviews, and actively manage interviews
- Collaborating closely with HQ team to ensure consistency of messaging, focus, and Corporate strategy, while localizing for the region and individual countries
- Setting measurable and repeatable KPIs; create, maintain, and report quarterly and annual PR SOV
- Maintaining the weekly Global Dashboard and writing the monthly APJ in the News
- Minimum of 8 years’ of high-tech PR experience (agency side or in-house); cybersecurity experience highly desirable
- Strong grasp and understanding of media landscape in ANZ, Japan, and ASEAN, as well as cultural nuances across APJ
- Proven ability to collaborate, share, and align within a globally dispersed team
- Strong writing and editing skills (short and long form)
- Savvy storyteller with the ability to generate effective, media-worthy ideas that align to the priorities of the local, regional, and global organization
- Experience providing counsel to senior executives
- Experience with regional Social Media; writing copy, familiarity with Oktopost or a platform like it
- Proven track record of developing and executing PR programs that create awareness
- Skilled media relations professional who maintains local press contacts, is comfortable pitching stories, and seeing through to coverage
- Reputation as a strategic, creative problem solver with attention to detail and a focus on business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Location: Singapore
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of you business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter
Rewards: Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Legal Notice: Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.