Cloud FinOps Analyst
Cloud FinOps Analyst
The purpose of this role is to help the cloud platform teams to transform mindsets, to maximize every dollar spent on the cloud and help speed delivery of our product. You will promote the FinOps principles which are a combination of systems, best practices, and culture designed to increase our company’s ability to understand cloud costs and manage trade-offs.
The Cloud FinOps Analyst oversees the cloud budget and optimization of the cloud spend.
Supporting the Cloud engineering team you will be executing the plan created specifically for that cloud engineering to reach its financial objectives. You will interact regularly with the cloud engineering team and the finance team and even take action to make changes to Imperva’s cloud account to execute your recommendations.
We're looking for a hands-on, motivated self-starter professional who's passionate about inventing, simplifying processes to implement cost planning, optimization, purchasing strategies, and cross-functional collaboration to embrace cloud technologies to ensure long-term success.
- You will be in charge of developing a robust program for cloud cost management that includes but is not limited to tagging framework and governance model, budgets and change management, cost optimization lifecycle and show back dashboards.
- Create metrics, reports, & recommended remediation plans for financial excellence in the cloud
- You will work directly with AWS billing, while collaborating with engineering, TechOps, product, and finance teams to provide deeper meaning to cost and usage data across our products.
- You will be a trusted liaison between engineering and finance; helping finance quantify the cost impacts of engineering operational decisions and helping engineering implement cost best practices throughout their stack.
- You will provide stakeholders in Engineering and Product with the tools to develop and measure cost related insights, metrics, and KPIs to help them better understand their products and how to build them more efficiently.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Finance IT, with good knowledge of financial principles & business finance.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in overall AWS Cost Management and FinOps principles.
- Experience working with detailed billing statements from AWS
- B.A./B.Sc. in Economics, Computer Science, or other related field
- Proven experience navigating complex data sets and pull out insights
- Strong program and project management capabilities and interest.
- Proficiency in Excel and analytical capabilities with great attention to details
- Deep passion for cloud technology and ability to articulate the cloud value proposition in both technical and financial aspects
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts with a track record of presenting to executives
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.