Senior Manager, Business Development - GSI, India
Imperva is the comprehensive digital security leader on a mission to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security, and data security, customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data, and websites from cyberattacks. Imperva Threat Research and our global intelligence community keep Imperva ahead of the threat landscape and integrate the latest security, privacy, and compliance expertise into our solutions.
- We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 6000 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- We are now a certified Great Place to Work® in Singapore. https://bit.ly/3Mi2a9E
- Imperva has been named one of the coolest Cloud Security Vendors of 2023 by CRN!
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
To be successful in this role, the person will need to perform the following responsibilities and possess the following qualifications.
- Identify, recruit, and develop strategic GSI partnerships that deliver services around Imperva’s product portfolio
- Work with Sales Leadership and Product Management to identify and prioritize partners to recruit and develop
- For each prioritized partner
- Negotiate MNDA and partnership agreement
- Review solution portfolios, understand market needs/requirements, and identify use cases in which Imperva will add value in how the partner will go-to-market (GTM)
- Jointly create and execute a GTM Plan with the partner that is supported by an Enablement Plan, Sales Play(s), and Marketing Plan
- Responsible for creating and executing against a strategic sales plan -- specifically, working with GSIs to identify net new opportunities, engage Partner Account Executives to manage these opportunities with the GSI in the field, and meet or exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Report on activities, leads/opportunities, and overall channel partner effectiveness
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders including:
- Sales Leadership (Channels, Direct, Specialists, and Solutions Engineering)
- Channel Marketing
- Product Management and Product Marketing
- Office of CTO
- Maintain strong relationships and conduct quarterly business reviews with key internal and external stakeholders
- Stay informed on new products, services, and other general information of interest relevant to role
- Continually demonstrate perseverance, preparation, ingenuity / problem solving, responsibility, and professionalism
- Proven track record (of 12+ years) in managing an alliance relationship
- Created sales differentiation and managing to a sales plan/quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately manage a forecast
- Partnered with Channel Marketing to drive campaigns
- Driven incremental revenue
- Proven track record (of 8+ years) in recruiting and developing a partner ecosystem
- 6+ years of business development experience with cybersecurity practice decision makers at one or more GSIs listed above
- Demonstrated ability to
- Review portfolios, understand market, and identify use cases in which Imperva will add value in how the partner will go-to-market (GTM)
- Jointly create a GTM Plan with the partner that is supported by an Enablement Plan (including delivering services), Sales Play(s), and Marketing Plan and then execute against those plans
- Negotiate complex partnership agreements
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to bring solutions to market
- Generate net new opportunities through GSI partners
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing, or related field
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to travel (when conditions permit)
- Excellent English-based communication skills, written and verbal
- Any of these are a plus (but not required): proficiency in more than one language, MBA, CISSP, and/or CCSP
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of you business.
Rewards: Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Legal Notice: Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.