Regional Marketing Manager Japan
Imperva Inc., the leader in Application, Data and Network Security, is looking for an experienced Channel Account Manager to join our Global Sales team in Tokyo. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center.
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers.
We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 5900 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
- Imperva is named an overall leader in the 2021 KuppingerCole Leadership Compass for Database and Big Data Security
Regional Marketing Manager - Japan
As the Regional Marketing Manager, you will partner with central and cross-functional marketing teams to develop, manage and execute field marketing programs and campaigns. Initiatives will be aligned to the corporate marketing strategy and designed to drive results within your region (Japan).
This individual will work closely within the marketing and sales ecosystem to design a regional go-to-market plan that aligns and scales to the corporate strategy and sales objectives, while also reflecting the local customer needs and market trends.
Key objectives include developing and executing relevant regional/local marketing activities to create awareness of Imperva solutions, drive demand generation, and increase sales qualified leads against agreed metrics.
- Create a comprehensive regional marketing plan that is corporate-aligned while also considering global/regional/local nuances, requirements and market dynamics to meet the country’s annual operating plan
- Strategically align with local and HQ cross-functional marketing teams to inform, influence and/or evolve global programs and campaigns with valuable metrics and input based on local market requirements, trends and understanding
- Create a connected, customer-first experience of awareness and demand by executing and supporting local activities, including but not limited to, in-person and virtual corporate, regional/local events, 3rd party conferences, digital and social marketing, demand campaigns, paid media, and channel programs, that move accounts through the sales funnel & support local BDR and sales teams’ business growth
- Enable, communicate, and educate the sales team and stakeholders on campaign-related objectives, deadlines, tasks, and KPI performance, and then manage execution accordingly
- Serve as the primary liaison between field sales and corporate marketing
- Schedule and facilitate pre- and post-program team planning, including collateral materials, event spaces, promotions, etc., which consider local distinctions and cultural expectations
- Collect, measure, evaluate and report quantitative and qualitative data from all regional/local events and campaigns; owns post-event and campaign ROI analysis and maintain and monitor lead flow through the pipeline
- Manage events calendar, logistics, budget, vendors, tracking feedback and leads, reconciling invoices and POs, and timelines.
- Provide regional/local recommendations to centrally-managed budget while also tracking local spend
- Own and manage local agency partners
- Support all company initiatives, share best practices and serve as an advocate and information source for all marketing
- Create, upload and maintain campaigns within Salesforce.com in order to support metrics for lead dashboards and quarterly business reports
- Other related duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10+ years marketing experience in a high technology environment; cybersecurity experience a plus
- Proven track record in strategic program management, campaign execution, and field marketing
- Experience working with multiple priorities, and in a fast-paced environment with minimal local resources
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing funnel and opportunity tracking, metrics and ROI
- Experience forecasting, managing budgets, allocating and optimizing spend across tactical channels
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines when necessary
- Has an open, friendly, collaborative approach
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in leveraging resources and managing by influence
- Business travel could be required for this position
- Japanese and English, written and spoken