Imperva is seeking a Technical Writer to work within the Infrastructure and Cloud Operations department. In this role you will own oversight of our cloud infrastructure operational documentation and training, specifically with a focus on network and datacenter technologies, which is used daily by new and existing employees. You will ensure these materials remain fresh by working with respective subject matter experts within the company. You will perform organizational and editorial tasks to ensure consistent and high-quality content that can be consumed via self-led learning activities.
- Curate internal knowledge bases from multiple sources in order to create a high-quality and consistent self-service experience
- Drive the continual review and improvement process of operational documentation by respective owners
- Periodically evaluate internal training material to ensure they are current, and revise with help of subject matter experts
- Develop and maintain curriculum for current and incoming employees
- Migrate static learning material into learning management system (LMS) courses
- Work with team managers to translate career path requirements into training and certification plans for their staff
- Identify and evaluate applicable external training opportunities from industry-standard material and courses provided by hardware and software vendors
- Oversee learning process of staff, including regular progress reporting
- Stay abreast of best practices and tools for employee development, and implement improvements as you identify them
- Bachelor’s degree in a program related to information technology/computer science, or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years experience in IT operations
- At least 2 years of experience in technical writing of documentation, with subject matter familiarity of computer networking and operations
- Proven experience in designing and implementing corporate training programs
- Skilled at maintaining content within an LMS
- Experience reporting on transcripts/learning progress for a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Familiarity with industry training programs such as A+, ITIL, etc
- Familiarity with vendor-provided courses such as Juniper, Ubuntu
Imperva is the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. Customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data and websites from cyber attacks. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security and data security, Imperva protects companies through all stages of their digital journey. Imperva Research Labs and our global intelligence community enable Imperva to stay ahead of the threat landscape and seamlessly integrate the latest security, privacy and compliance expertise into our solutions. Learn more on the Imperva website or company blog, and follow Imperva on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in cybersecurity. Learn about Imperva products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.