As an Incident Manager, you’ll coordinate and facilitate timely service restoration for critical outages. Using effective team leadership, you will guide a team of SREs and Service Owners toward the event resolution, ensuring the least possible down time for business-critical services and to restore normal operations as quickly as possible. You will be expected to communicate the status of the event both internally and externally, influence technical experts and various executives, and be the single point of contact for the incident. The Incident Manager must excel at situational appraisal, problem analysis, troubleshooting methodologies and have the authority and confidence to demand actions from SRE Teams and Service Owners. As you're often working in high pressure situations with executives through to technicians, strong communication, stakeholder management and relationship management skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required
- Work with various internal and external technology partners to ensure timely service restoration
- Employ strong facilitation and leadership skills, ensuring responding team members execute required actions under pressure
- Responsibility for issuing periodic updates to the incident response team and stakeholders, and may extend to tasks such as keeping the incident document accurate and up to date
- During service outage events the Incident Manager would be expected to perform the following:
- Act as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks
- Create action plans with named actions and deadlines, and be accountable for the delivery of that plan
- Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle
- Continuing to update the status page or post updates to other channels as the situation evolves.
- Take the technical information and articulate it in appropriate language for customer communications
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of content for the Knowledge Base
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that formal RCA documents are published within agreed SLAs.
- Proactive analysis of trends in incident and problem reports to assist in eliminating recurring incidents.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to bring:
- Experience and knowledge of major incident management processes
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Networking concepts
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across technical and business teams
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrated conflict and situation management skills
- Understanding of ITIL and Agile methodologies preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience recommended
- Ability to work non-standard hours including weekends and holidays, as required.
To Apply: Visit our Careers page
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.