Senior Product Marketing Manager
As a Senior Product Marketing Security Manager, you will be an integral addition to the product marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, you will provide experience in technical marketing practices to help demonstrate our competitive advantage to a highly intelligent audience. To be successful in this role, you will need an understanding of application security and all things CI/CD, and to collaborate cross-functionally to communicate Imperva’s value to drive adoption and use of our offerings.
As part of the Marketing team, Product Marketing owns the development and execution of our feature releases and go-to-market strategy, product positioning and value proposition development, buyer personas, customer marketing, and sales & field enablement content and programs. We work in cross-functional teams, look for any opportunities to talk to customers and customer-facing teams, believe in going above and beyond to deliver timely, quality materials, and constantly refine our approach based on results. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact and is measurable and achievable.
What you'll do:
Become a product and domain expert for Imperva
- Drive and own go-to-market (GTM) activity for new release efforts and test new approaches for increasing awareness and engagement.
- Analyze upcoming features for related marketing efforts. We'll look to you to distill and communicate why our capabilities are relevant and competitive in the DevSecOps landscape.
- Research, refine and evolve our audience personas which inform positioning, messaging, and value propositions, based on buyer needs, challenges, and goals that we can help address.
- Identify and define the key value drivers which differentiate Imperva offerings in the market.
- Participate and contribute to field and industry events as a security evangelist and thought leader.
Work across teams:
- Collaborate with product managers to understand the ins-and-outs of our feature set and capabilities. Act as a technical expert for key marketing initiatives, driving product advocacy engagements across multiple product lines.
- Partner closely with Sales Enablement to create, refine, and evolve our training content for sales teams, partners, and other customer-facing roles.
- Partner with sales engineers to identify core principle differences, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities across our competitive landscape. Develop compelling content for competitive programs.
- Create and manage a compelling set of technical content and tools to drive feature awareness and customer success.
- Create campaign messaging and content for business development representatives as required to support ongoing marketing initiatives.
- Create customer case studies and deliver webinars that help to demonstrate the value of Imperva for our customers.
- Participate in PR and analyst relations efforts, including briefings and market research reports.
- 3+ years of product marketing experience.
- Previous work experience in product management, engineering, or experience marketing a technical product.
- Experience in a B2B technology company (preferably in the DevOps space or related fields).
- Understand market dynamics, the competition, and needs and pain points of developers and security buyers, with a deep understanding of the cybersecurity space.
- Able to coordinate across many teams in different time zones and iterate and deliver on initiatives with strict timelines.
- Strong attention to detail, with a proven ability to be self-directed, to work with minimal supervision, and to prioritize workloads.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, market research, and your own experience.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially as it relates to security risks, threats, trends, and patterns.
- Intimately familiar with principles like Secure by Design, DevSecOps, embedding security in the CI/CD pipeline, and automation.
- Fast learner with outstanding English communication skills and the ability to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Be able to provide examples of your work, including but not limited to landing pages, blogs, whitepapers, integration and migration guides, and videos.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.