Infrastructure Engineer - Belfast, Ireland
Imperva is a leading provider of cyber security solutions that protect business-critical data and applications. The company’s products lines organizations to discover assets and vulnerabilities, protect information wherever it lives – on-premises and in the cloud – and comply with regulations. The Imperva Application Defense Center, a research team comprised of some of the world’s leading experts in data and application security, continually enhance Imperva products with up-to-the minute threat intelligence, and publish reports that provide insight and guidance on the latest threats and how to mitigate them. Imperva is headquartered in Redwood Shores, California.
We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer with extensive experience who has worked in a complex computing environment to join our IT Infrastructure team. The Infrastructure Engineer provides and maintains a reliable technical infrastructure to effectively serve the Product Development department as well as production corporate systems, including running, maintaining, deploying and troubleshooting complicated systems based on variable operation systems; responding promptly and efficiently to internal customer’s problems and either directly resolving the problems or escalating to the appropriate resource while monitoring its effective resolution. To be successful, you will need a strong technical orientation and can-do attitude; be a creative problem solver; be motivated to advance in the field; and work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Lead Infrastructure migration from on-premise servers and VMs to the public cloud.
- Manage and maintain Imperva virtual environment globally across several data-centers.
- Provide support, maintenance and configuration for 24x7 customer facing production systems, such as web and software servers.
- Provide support and maintenance to virtual, physical and public cloud servers.
- 7 X 24 On-Call availability to handle and resolve all systems problems affecting production including on-call shifts, emergencies and equipment specific maintenance that involves off-hours downtime.
- Minimum of 3 years Information Technology experience in production systems, network and server administration.
- Demonstrated experience on moving production services to the public cloud, mainly to Azure and AWS.
- Demonstrated experience on containerised solutions (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong Linux background including moderate Shell and Python scripting. Deep understanding of Linux, including permissions and security best practices.
- Web servers administration Tomcat, Apache (httpd), Wordpress and IIS based.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities of complicated environments (OS/network/security).
- Networking background, deep knowledge and troubleshooting abilities at all layers (including routing), reverse proxy, and security.
- Web Application Firewall configuration and maintenance – advantage
- Moderate background with Windows Server administration (IIS, DNS, AD Domain Services) – advantage
- Background in security, SSL, Certificates, Kerberos, NTLM and ciphers.
- Vmware Vsphere basic configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate projects and products and experience performing vendor analysis and providing technology recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to interact with users to evaluate and solve problems, as well as experience working with operational support, help-desk and server support staff to resolve problems in a 24x7 environment
- High initiative and ability to work independently according to strict schedules, ability to schedule one's own workload in order to meet deadlines in a timely manner and ability to work effectively without supervision
- Ability to comprehend technical information as presented or observed and learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to install and support third-party applications as they integrate into Linux/Unix/Windows.
- B.S degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent work experience in technical field - advantage
- Ability to work non-standard hours on occasion.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.