Network Operations Center Manager
Imperva is seeking a collaborative and diligent person with a passion for infrastructure operations to manage the local Network Operations Center (NOC) in Singapore.
The NOC is a 24x7x365 follow-the-sun monitoring and response team that is responsible for the overall health and operational success of our cloud infrastructure. This function plays a key role in our commitment towards customer success.
As the regional NOC manager, you will be partnered with managers in the other two regions that make up the follow-the sun global organization, leading a local team of engineers working to meet Imperva’s network availability goals, respond to alerts and incidents in real time. You will provide managerial escalation support for real-time incidents, and help drive improvements in processes, visibility and tools based on operational observations. The Imperva NOC team is constantly evolving to support the growth of Imperva’s current and future cloud-based offerings; the leader of this group must possess the knowledge, experience and passion to support this mission. Duties will include:
- Design, implement and recommend Network Operations Center (NOC) policy, procedures and processes.
- Manage and train a global team of engineers in a 24x7 global Network Operations Center
- Participate in the weekend on-call rotation schedule for managerial escalations
- Drive service improvements through continuous process, people and tools development.
- Handle network and customer escalations and drive problem resolution.
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization.
- Collaborate with leadership across various disciplines, initiates and influences relationships with and between key stakeholders involved; act as a point of contact for stakeholders, planners, designers, and operational business partners.
- Maintain updated documentation and upkeep of knowledge base.
- Produce regular reports for tracking network performance and availability
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in people management
- Familiar with various monitoring and alerting systems - network, server and application monitoring
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, application layer protocols (DNS, HTTP/S) and commonly-used routing protocols (BGP)
- Understanding of how the internet works - Transit providers, Peering, Internet Exchanges
- Working familiarity with routers and switches, especially JunOS
- Working knowledge of network security services such as firewalls, DDoS mitigation, WAF
- Experience working in SaaS companies
- Fluent in English spoken and written language
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.