Security Analyst - Mexico
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Imperva’s Security Analyst is tasked with tackling and solving our most complex field issues for enterprise customers in combating automated threats targeting their web applications, API’s, and mobile applications. As a Security Analyst, you will be analyzing large amounts of traffic to websites to find global correlations and patterns. Based on the conclusions drawn from the analysis, the analyst collaborates with the customer and internal teams to implement mitigation strategies to stop automated website attacks. An important component of the position is to work with clients, investigate anomalies, and provide easily consumable but detailed evidence for all actions taken.
The position requires working working on Saturday or Sunday. A typical work schedule could look like Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday. Work Days are flexible as long as they are consistent and cover Saturday and/or Sunday.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Become an Imperva Expert--you will know everything there is to know about how Imperva’s Bot Detection platform works, as well as how bots and bot operators attack websites
- Work with Imperva customers to fully understand the issues automated attacks cause to their business and devise strategies to mitigate or eliminate the issues
- Serve as a security expert analyzing customer’s network traffic, application designs, applications and provide recommendations to mitigate Bot attacks.
- Regularly work with the customers on their specific security-related engagements per their billable hours.
- Participate in presentations with customers on a regular basis.
- Work with Imperva’s internal threat research, data science, and product teams by delivering actionable intelligence that will inform future product enhancements
- Use data visualization tools to create consumable reports to quickly validate findings and demonstrate the efficacy of actions taken
- Be a trusted advisor, take ownership of all problems you encounter, and be a team player
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Cybersecurity or Bot Management space.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or relevant technical degree
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and customer skills
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with, or an appetite to learn, data visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience with basic scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Bash, or Go
- You have a knack for automating redundant tasks, streamlining repetitive processes, and are always looking for opportunities to scale operations
- Ability to lead and work independently as well as tightly with a team
- Prefer a candidate with a degree of flexibility to take appointments evenings and mornings, as required
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.