Director of Revenue
Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications – wherever they reside – on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs, and service providers who rely on 0Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
● 6,200 customers and 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
● The leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls for 5 straight years
● The leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Services, highest scoring for “current offering” and “strategy”
● Our market is growing and Imperva is leading the charge. We’re actively seeking the right people to help us reach the pinnacle of performance. Are you ready for an exceptional challenge, where what you deliver can really make a difference? If so, let’s connect now.Position Description:
Imperva is looking for a professional with strong technical and operational skills to be the principal leader of the company’s global revenue accounting operations for the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions. This high visibility position will report directly to the VP Corporate Controller. The position will manage all aspects of revenue accounting, including, but not limited to, revenue recognition policies and procedures, contract review and deal structuring, and continuously improving financial process and systems efficiencies. The position will also be responsible for analyzing and implementing new accounting literature on revenue recognition. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-growth environment where the initial work will be at the ‘hands-on, managerial, and executive/strategic levels. This is an excellent opportunity to be an essential member of the leadership team growing a cutting edge data center and cloud-based security technology company.
- Develop and apply revenue recognition policies and procedures and assist in documenting the accounting guidance for revenue-generating activities
- Partner with the Sales and Sales Operations teams and the executives in those teams to drive bookings and revenues that reflect company objectives while complying with internal policies and with GAAP. Be a key contributor to the Deals Desk process and work closely with the sales team in pre-sales contract negotiation in order to ensure business and revenue recognition objectives and requirements are achieved.
- Review of Contracts for revenue recognition and related accounting
- Manage quarterly VSOE and Fair Value analysis process
- Oversee accounting research and implementation of new revenue accounting standards and ensure all policies are documented and applied globally by training global team as needed
- Train Sales organization on Revenue Accounting
- Participate as needed in due diligence, purchase accounting and integration of mergers and acquisitions
- Work closely with all levels of sales, legal and business people to provide technical accounting guidance in support of ongoing business.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support for general financial operations as needed to support business
- Own the SEC reporting disclosures related to revenue
- Explore and implement an automated system for revenue recognition
- Directly manage the revenue operations, billing, credit and collections teams
- Guide and mentor the order management team within Sales Operations
- Drive the month-end and quarter-end close processes for the revenue team and support FP&A in building bookings and revenue forecasts
- Provide leadership across finance to grow and mentor
- BA or BS in Finance/Accounting or equivalent required
- CPA certification or equivalent required
- 10 + years of combined industry and public finance and accounting experience prefer experience in high tech and software industry
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in proper revenue accounting processes under current revenue recognition for software, hardware, and multiple element arrangements
- Demonstrated ability to foster and build business relationships within and across functions and to be able to influence non-finance people
- Demonstrated experience at successful collaboration with stakeholders in Finance, Legal, Sales, and Marketing to leverage systems capability, continuously improve processes, and develop efficiencies.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills; able to understand, apply, and explain complex accounting theories, concepts, and processes in ways that non-technical stakeholders can understand.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and multi-task
- Netsuite experience is a strong plus
- Advanced Excel Skills
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, employee stock purchase (ESP) programs, flexible time off and more. It's an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.