Due to our growth, our Imperva team is looking for a high-energy and customer-centric Senior Sales Engineer (SE) to join the Global Field Sales Team.
You will be supporting an award-winning Enterprise Field Sales Team, so we are looking for an exceptionally talented, motivated Senior Sales Engineer to bring their 'A game' and join a successful Team.
We prefer someone whose main technical strengths include a heavy emphasis in one of the following areas: Web Application SecDevOps, Database Security Architecture, or advanced reporting and data warehousing experience. Exposure to Force Management sales methodologies and MEDDICC would be a significant advantage.
Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data residing in the data center or cloud platforms. Thousands of the world's leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to protect against data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk.
The Senior Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Regional Sales Managers and Channel Managers as part of the Global Sales Team and oversee the sales support of Imperva's SecureSphere Web Application and Database Security/Compliance products to existing and prospective customers with the assigned geographic region. The SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge and presentations. They work closely with sales managers, prospects, and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
Imperva is a channel first company and much of the role will involve liaising with and educating channel partners and distribution.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, facilitating technical requirements qualification, providing product demonstrations in person and via Zoom, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Imperva's solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences when needed.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team and channel partners to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Regional Account customer base on behalf of their technical needs.
- Plan, manage, and execute customer product pilots.
- 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: network security, web application development, data architect, database administration, or related security solutions; sales engineer experience is a bonus but must possess the relevant technical expertise to be successful
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, database, security, and auditing environments
- Must be comfortable working from a Linux command shell to perform everyday administrative tasks and installations
- Must have a foundational knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies, and firewalls
- Compliance standards knowledge (PCI, SOX, HIPAA) – an advantage
- Knowledge in databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2) – a significant advantage
- Knowledge in cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP) – an advantage
- Knowledge in application development (ASP, .NET, PHP, JSP) – an advantage
- Experience with scripting and/or using RegEx - an advantage
- Exposure to Force Management sales methodologies and MEDDICC - a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of advanced internet route selection protocols - an advantage
- Self-reliant time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. Driven to personal success without explicit top-down instructions.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
- Requires 50% travel availability and flexibility across the region.
- Must have access to a functional location to host Zoom conference calls with presenter video-enabled.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.