About the role
Imperva’s Infrastructure and Cloud team is 2 years old and is staffed with senior leadership from Netflix, Cloudflare, Amazon, Fastly and other major corporations. Our mission is to rebuild Impervas pops and core infrastructure with new modern technologies, embracing Infrastructure as code at all levels with automation as a core requirement for any and all projects.
We are looking for a tenured senior SRE to work with a newly formed Site Reliability Group. Your responsibility will be to drive innovation, scale our platforms, and create operational excellence for the Imperva globally distributed network. The person taking this role will have significant input in decisions that will have a significant impact on Imperva’s infrastructure and how we serve our customers.
As an SRE in the ICO organization, you will work with your team solving problems, supporting and optimizing the infrastructure programmatically. You will work with your team to improve the overall availability, reliability, performance, and security of the infrastructure under control. This is very much a hands-on role, you will be expected to be in the weeds, writing code, solving problems and, working collaboratively on projects with team across Imperva. You will need to develop a deep technical understanding of our systems and help grow and mentor your teammates.
- Establish metrics for data-driven decisions to help increase availability, reliability, and velocity
- Apply SRE core tenets of measurement (SLI/SLO/SLA), eliminate toil, and reliability modeling
- Build and maintain, and evolve SLO and SLI network/system/application baselines
- Provide go/no go preplanning, verification/validation, and review of existing and new product/services
- Proactively analyze data and test the integrity of network/systems to ensure production applications and services are operating optimally
- Work with internal customers as needed to troubleshoot and resolve business affecting issues
- Escalations, incident response, RCA, and blameless postmortem
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- At least 5 years of professional experience within a cloud/web/CDN scale infrastructure
- Experience with Python and Go. C/C++ a plus
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems, network programming and protocols TCP, UDP, DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP
- Experience with BGP and Anycast routing is a plus
- Experience with DevOps principles and concepts such as Infrastructure as Code (Ansible/Saltstack), CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins, Git), monitoring and visualization (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience with big data technologies such as NoSQL/RDBMS, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Experience with containers and container management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience analyzing and building data telemetry, modeling, pipelines, UI visualization
- Experience in developing software, troubleshooting, and monitoring large scale distributed systems
- Implement software engineering best practices/standards and software development life cycle
- Working knowledge and experience of Agile software development methodologies
- Outstanding collaboration and communication, and documentation skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
About the company
Imperva is an analyst-recognized cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.