General Ledger Staff Accountant
Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications – wherever they reside – on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs and service providers who rely on Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
- 6,200 customers and 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls for 6 straight years
- Leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Services, highest scoring for “current offering” and “strategy”
Our market is growing and Imperva is leading the charge. We’re actively seeking the right people to help us reach the pinnacle of performance. Are you ready for an exceptional challenge, where what you deliver can really make a difference? If so, let’s connect now.
Imperva is seeking a GL Accountant to join our new accounting operations located in Belfast, N Ireland. The GL Accountant will manage month-end close of the Company’s subsidiaries, including the preparation and posting of journals for US entity. The position will report to the Senior Manager on the team and is located in Belfast. This role will require collaboration with GL team at our US headquarters. This role will require strong communication and organizational skills to ensure the company’s consolidated financial statements are prepared timely and accurately.
- Ensure proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and review month end balance sheet reconciliations and monthly/quarterly variance analysis
- Strictly follow monthly global consolidation procedures, which include elimination entries, revaluing foreign currency balances and translating foreign subsidiary ledgers to USD
- Assist in reviewing monthly reporting packages prepared by company's external local service providers and perform reconciliation of all intercompany balances
- Ensure that general ledger and sub-ledger are reconciled and reconciling items are resolved
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Work closely with outsourced accounting team and continue to train and develop the team
- Assist in other GL activities as required by team
- Additional duties as required by manager
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified through a recognized financial institution eg ACA, ACCA, CAI, CIMA
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience working in an accountancy environment
- Team player attitude, with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- High level of integrity, professionalism and discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and propose paths to solution
- Experience with US GAAP
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer.