2 PM - 10:30 PM Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
We offer a great place to work with an I.L.E.E. attitude to care for you as an employee. We have excellent staffing to patient ratios, typically no more than 12:1 for CNAs on all shifts and 12:1 for nurses on days and evenings and 24:1 on night shifts. We have an amazing nurse management team with 24/7 availability to support you when you need us. We offer opportunities to continue to grow as a medical professional and coming soon an opportunity to continue your education with Nightingale nursing college centering its learning experience in our building. We offer tuition reimbursement along with discounted tuition for the in-house nursing program. We LOVE our students and offer a flexibility in scheduling to support you in your journey to higher education. Please stop by and come in to tour and see what we have to offer. We are located at 1107 W Century Dr., Louisville, CO 80027.
What is I.L.E.E.?
Improving Lives. Exceeding Expectations. (I.L.E.E.) is the mission of our facility. We believe in providing our patients, residents and families with the most knowledgeable, timely and compassionate care possible. We believe in treating our employees in the I.L.E.E. way, as well. We understand that our employees are what help us achieve success.
As an LPN, you are required to manage, administer, and record the care given to residents. The LPN position also provides general oversight to employees in all departments in the evenings, on weekends, and holidays when their direct supervisors are not present. You will be directly responsible for ensuring that all staff under your supervision complies with the facility mission and provides good customer service including being attentive and compassionate to all residents, their families, and to other staff members. Additionally, you will monitor and implement the resident care plans and will be responsible for the direct supervision of CNAs and Medication Aides.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide management of the nursing care to the residents
- Participate in shift to shift report and passes on information to the next shift
- Record and monitor all progress of residents and communicate with physicians according to facility policies
- Participate in the development, revision and accuracy of resident care plans
- Ensure that all medications and treatments within the LPN scope of practice (i.e. IVs, etc.) are administered as ordered and in a timely fashion according to facility policies and schedules
- Monitor staff compliance to residents’ rights
- Complete admission data collection on all newly admitted residents to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Checks to make sure the nursing staff involved in providing care to residents is aware of the care plan and the resident’s care plans is used to administer daily care
- Be a liaison for the primary care physicians, nursing staff, and families of the residents
- Communicate with family members regarding the progress of the resident
- Transfer and discharges residents with appropriate and accurate information
- Responsible for following through on resident incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to supervisor
- Oversee the work of CNAs to ensure that their assignments are being completed and assist with tasks as needed; monitor for facility values
- Make sure that procedures for storage and control of medication and supplies are being followed
- Monitor staff compliance to all State and Federal requirements including blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control, and fire safety
- Ensure that nursing service work areas (i.e. nurse’s stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.), resident rooms, treatment areas, etc. are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Current state Licensed Practical Nurse license required
- Prior experience in a long-term care, skilled nursing, or assisted living facility preferred
- Medical environment
- May require standing and walking for up to 90% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to lift or carry objects over 25 lbs.