Referral Hub Assistant (LPN)
As the Referral Hub Assistant, you will assist in the referral process of Axiom’s network of skilled nursing facilities. You will be a key point of contact for referrals from various healthcare providers. You will quickly review the admission referrals’ clinical and financial information to provide an acceptance or denial decision back to the referral source. If accepted, you then move the referral onto a facility under Axiom’s network.
In this administrative position, you will work under the supervision of the RN Referral Hub Manager at Axiom Healthcare Services. Ideally, you will exercise independent judgement, be positive and detail oriented.
- Provide timely reviews of clinical and financial elements of the prospective new resident’s case to determine if this patient qualifies for care within the Axiom network
- Ensure that prospective new clients have met the three-day stay and insurance criteria prior to admission
- Supply information on Medicare coverage/secondary or commercial insurance benefits to prospective residents and their families
- Give medication cost reviews on potential admissions
- Send secured HIPAA information through fax to the appropriate facility under Axiom’s network
- Log every referral into the referral tracking system
- Understand the type of resident referrals the facilities under Axiom’s network are willing and able to safely care for
- Develop strong working relationships with facilities leadership teams and other key employees within the Axiom network
- Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- On call coverage required some weekends
- Option to work from home on occasion.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) degree or higher required
- Current LPN license in the state of Kansas
- 1 or more years of nursing and/or MDS experience in the long-term care environment
- General understanding of the reimbursement process of Medicare/Medicaid and other insurances
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, email management, and general other office equipment
- Possess excellent customer service skills over the phone and in person
- General office environment
- This position may require standing and walking for up to 15% of the time
- Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available
- The employee is required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift or carry objects over 25 pounds