What is I.L.E.E.?
Improving Lives. Exceeding Expectations. (I.L.E.E.) is the mission of our facility. We believe in providing our patients, residents and families with the most knowledgeable, timely and compassionate care possible. We believe in treating our employees in the I.L.E.E. way, as well. We understand that our employees are what help us achieve success.
Salary: Commensurate With Experience starting at-$15/hour
As the house cook, you will prepare meals for residents, family members and employees. You are responsible for meal prep, cleaning up the work and, serving areas, and will help residents determine what to serve along with the main course for lunch and supper.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Prepare tasty & pleasant looking meals
- Meet the dietary requirements established by the physician’s order; including substituting menu items
- Prepare various foods depending on menu, recipe & diet breakdowns for each meal
- Work with residents to provide for their food choices for the day
- Assure food items are appropriately stocked, labeled & fresh
- Cover & store unused food according to standards & procedures for assuring quality & safety of food
- Cleans work surfaces during shift – clean as you go: clean floors, wipe down counter space, & completes the daily cleaning schedule prior to shift end
- Wash dishes & cooking equipment after each meal
- Help set the dining room tables
- Clear & wash tables as necessary
- Appropriately operate kitchen equipment
- Assure personal & staff compliance to all State & Federal regulations including bloodborne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials & fire safety
- Assures personal & staff compliance to residents’ rights
- Other duties as required
- At least 18 years of age
- 3+ year of cooking experience , including following menus
- Must be able to safely operate standard industrial kitchen equipment, including: convection ovens, gas ranges, gas ovens, tilt skillets, steam kettle, commercial mixers, commercial dishwashers, walk-in refrigerators & freezers, food processors, commercial garbage disposals, steam serving tables, and other hand appliances and tools
- Kitchen environment in a long-term care, skilled nursing, or assisted living facility
- May require standing up for walking for up to 100% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.