The Payroll Specialist provides clerical and payroll support to the Controller and Accounting staff at the Axiom Service Center, as well as the Executive Director and Business Office Manager at each of the skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities that Axiom Healthcare Services supports. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for a range of general accounting tasks but will be primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing payroll. Knowledge of long-term care is a plus!
Ideally, you will be greatly detail-oriented and exercise effective verbal communication and customer service skills via phone and in-person, possess strong organizational skills, and perform successfully while maintaining confidentiality under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Reconciles cash ledger balances on a daily and monthly basis for checking accounts.
- Ensures that the bi-weekly payroll submissions are completed in each client community on a timely basis.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for Axiom.
- Posts and reconciles daily debit card transactions for Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Provides software support to the various long-term care community Executive Directors and Office Managers. Knowledge of ADP is helpful, but training can be provided.
- Responsible for being an ADP super user and maintaining proper setup of payroll functions in ADP. Also responsible for training Business Office Managers on payroll related duties.
- Creates Excel spreadsheets and enters data into designated data fields. Performs data sorts. Utilizes Excel formulas.
- Scans and electronically files payroll records.
- Assists in maintaining written policies, procedures and checklists for the department and the client community business offices.
- Provides back up coverage of the reception desk when the Executive Assistant is unavailable.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma (or GED)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience with Payroll required
- Working knowledge of MS Office - especially Outlook, Word and Excel. Excel will be used extensively.
- General office environment
- This position may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time
- Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available
- The employee is required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift or carry objects over 25 pounds