Director of Social Services
As a Social Service Director, you will supervise other social workers with implementing programs and perform duties that meet the physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of the residents. Your department is responsible for tracking, communicating, and completing numerous forms for admissions. You will also coordinate care plan meetings and medical appointments.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Participate in Stand Up meetings and actively promote events planned for the community.
- Recruit, hire, train, retain, and develop staff as outlined in the “Star” program developed by the Retention Task Force.
- Working with the community’s Census Development Team to increase the conversion rate of qualified referrals to admissions.
- Work with the facility leadership team to plan and coordinate all discharges.
- Work with the Business Office Manager to coordinate resident Medicare and Medicaid benefits including beneficiary consent, denials, explanations, utilization and MS 2001, and Medicare Exhaustion of Benefits, as well as VA and insurance benefits for residents.
- Coordinate the touring program and processes of the community for interested, qualified referrals, laser focused on meeting specific customer needs.
- Serve as the customers advocate and coordinate the resolution of customer grievances.
- Ensure personal and staff compliance with residents’ rights.
- Actively participating in care plan meetings; seek the participation of residents and family members.
- Ensure documentation for social services program notes, assessments, and care plans.
- Adhere to all HIPAA Regulations.
- Report all incidents of alleged abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation, for you become aware, to the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required.
- State license in Social work required.
- 3 years or more of social services experience within a healthcare or skilled nursing environment preferred.
- General office environment within a long-term care, skilled nursing, or assisted living facility.
- May required standing and walking for up to 50% of the time.
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.
- Employee may have to drive groups of residents out in the community for activities.