As the house cook, you will prepare meals for residents, family members and employees. You are responsible for meal prep, cleaning up the work area, serving area, and will help residents determine what to serve along with the main course for lunch and supper.
If you’re looking for a new job, know where you’re applying. Come take a tour of our beautiful facility and see how we interact with our staff and customers. We are located at 1107 W. Century Dr., Louisville, CO 80027. Apply today!
What is I.L.E.E.? Improving Lives. Exceeding Expectations. (ILEE) is our purpose. ILEE is the understanding that we are a team working towards the same goal, all while doing the right thing and putting people first. These people include patients and residents, their families, and employees at all levels!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Prepare tasty & pleasant looking meals
- Meet the dietary requirements established by the physician’s order; including substituting menu items
- Prepare various foods depending on menu, recipe & diet breakdowns for each meal within budget
- Work with residents to provide for their food choices for the day
- Assure food items are appropriately stocked, labeled & fresh
- Cover & store unused food according to standards & procedures for assuring quality & safety of food
- Cleans work surfaces during shift – clean as you go: clean floors, wipe down counter space, & completes the daily cleaning schedule prior to shift end
- Wash dishes & cooking equipment after each meal
- Help set the dining room tables
- Clear & wash tables as necessary
- Appropriately operate kitchen equipment
- Assure personal & staff compliance to all State & Federal regulations including bloodborne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials & fire safety
- Assures personal & staff compliance to residents’ rights
- May be required to supervise other dietary staff
- Other duties as required
- At least 18 years of age
- 1+ year of experience in long-term care, skilled nursing cooking with therapeutic diets and mechanically altered diets preferred
- Must be able to safely operate standard industrial kitchen equipment, including: convection ovens, gas ranges, gas ovens, tilt skillets, steam kettle, commercial mixers, commercial dishwashers, walk-in refrigerators & freezers, food processors, commercial garbage disposals, steam serving tables, and other hand appliances and tools
- Kitchen environment in a long-term care, skilled nursing, or assisted living facility
- May require standing up for walking for up to 100% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.