Director of Social Services
What is I.L.E.E.?
Improving Lives. Exceeding Expectations. (I.L.E.E.) is the mission of our facility. We believe in providing our patients, residents and families with the most knowledgeable, timely and compassionate care possible. We believe in treating our employees in the I.L.E.E. way, as well. We understand that our employees are what help us achieve success.
As a Social Service Director you will perform duties that meet the physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of the residents. You’re responsible for tracking, communicating, and completing numerous forms for admissions. You will also coordinate care plan meetings and medical appointments.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Participate in Stand Up meetings and actively promote events planned for the community.
- Work with the facility leadership team to plan and coordinate all discharges.
- Work with the Business Office Manager to coordinate resident Medicare benefits including beneficiary consent, denials, explanations, and Medicare Exhaustion of Benefits for residents.
- Serve as the customers advocate and coordinate the resolution of customer grievances.
- Ensure personal and staff compliance with residents’ rights.
- Facilitate care plan meetings; seek the participation of residents and family members.
- Ensure documentation for social services program notes, assessments, and care plans.
- Adhere to all HIPAA Regulations.
- Oversee all incidents of alleged abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation, and report to the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required.
- 3 years or more of social services experience within a healthcare or skilled nursing environment preferred.
- General office environment within a long-term care, skilled nursing, or assisted living facility.
- May required standing and walking for up to 50% of the time.
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.