Environmental Services Assistant
We are located at 1107 Century Dr, Louisville CO 80027.
As the Maintenance Assistant, you will be responsible for performing light repair work to the resident rooms and building, checks and changes filters throughout the community and performs light grounds work including weeding and trimming trees and bushes on the property. The Maintenance Assistant also shampoos carpets and buffs and waxes the floors throughout the community and gets all rooms ready (i.e. painting and light repairs) for new resident admissions. This position may be required to perform other duties as well.
What is I.L.E.E.?
Improving Lives. Exceeding Expectations. (I.L.E.E.) is the mission of our facility. We believe in providing our patients, residents and families with the most knowledgeable, timely and compassionate care possible. We believe in treating our employees in the I.L.E.E. way, as well. We understand that our employees are what help us achieve success.
Ideally, you need to possess great organization and communication skills.
Ultimately, your responsibility is to ensure that the building and grounds are kept safe for patients, families, and employees regarding state and federal regulations.
- Maintain compliance to regulations and codes
- Maintain facility grounds: the grounds must be maintained in an orderly fashion; free from hazards, debris and clutter. Sidewalks and drives must be free from snow, ice, leaves and in good repair
- Work with outside vendors to ensure quality and timely work
- Keep the building in good repair: painting, replacing work or stained tiles, repairing furniture, locks, baseboards, trim, windows, etc.
- Ensure the electrical system and appliances are in good working order: call lights, emergency power, door signals, fire alarms, and exit lights
- Organize fire drills and ensure that all fire safety equipment is in working order and inspected on a regular schedule by the appropriate services
- Maintain facility equipment
- Provide information for the Safety Committee and Quality Assurance Committee weekly and monthly by documenting and reporting potential and actual issues that affect quality care and services
- Provides 24-hour availability of service for maintenance emergencies
- High School Diploma or higher required
- Basic knowledge & experience in carpentry, plumbing, electricity & mechanical tasks
- Advanced vocational training
- Long-term care, skilled nursing medical environment.
- May require walking and standing for up to 90% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.