Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
This is a Full-Time, 2nd shift, 2p to 10p position. Great Staff, benefits, zero deficiency survey facility.
As a CMA (Certified Medication Aide), you will be responsible for passing out medication in a safe manner according to facility policy and providing direct care to facility residents. You will work under the direct supervision of the Charge Nurse and perform duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse, Unit Manager, Director of Nursing, and the Executive Director.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Passes out medication and give treatments per physician’s orders, in a safe manner and in accordance with facility policy within CMA scope of practice.
- Documents care in the electronic medical record and/or in other medical record systems.
- Assists with psychosocial groups and activities. Provides the setup, encouragement, transportation & direct involvement for activities specific to the resident’s interests.
- Help with dining room—includes setup, clean up, passing out ice, drinks, and snacks, etc.
- Clean residents’ rooms and bathrooms.
- Responsible for preparing discontinued and expired medications for return to pharmacy on a daily basis.
- Responsible for notifying the appropriate individuals of medications needing to be refilled.
- Completes resident and community laundry.
- Follow established safety procedures and precautions when operating equipment.
- Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions to supervisor immediately.
- Follow OSHA guidelines and facility policy and procedure for infection control.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Current State CMA (Certified Medication Aide) Certification
- Medical environment
- May require standing and walking for up to 75% of the time
- The employee is required to use assistance when attempting to assist residents or attempting to lift or carry objects over 25 pounds.