Registered Nurse (RN) - $2000 sign on bonus!
As an RN, you will be required to manage, administer and record the care given to patients. The RN provides general oversight to employees in all departments in the evenings, on weekends, and holidays when their direct supervisors are not present. The RN position is directly responsible for ensuring that all staff under their supervision comply with the hospital mission and provide good customer service, including being attentive and compassionate to all patients, their families, and other staff members. You will monitor and implement patient care plans and be responsible for the direct supervision of CNAs.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide management and nursing care to patients
- Assure all medications and treatments are administered as ordered in a timely manner according to hospital policies and schedules
- Monitor work of the nursing team to ensure that their assignments are completed and assist with tasks as needed
- Participate in shift change report and pass on information to next shift
- Develop care plans for and with patients, helping them be as independent as possible
- Record all care information concisely and in a timely manner
- Administer prescribed medications, monitor for effects and side effects
- Maintain control of medications
- Maintain staff and patient safety when engaging in crisis intervention
- Utilize the least restrictive interventions
- Record and monitor progress of patients and communicate with physicians according to hospital policies
- Ensure nursing staff involved in providing care to patients is aware of the care plan and is used to administer daily care
- Monitor staff compliance to patients’ rights and privacy
- Ensure that nursing service work areas, medicine preparation rooms, examination rooms, patient rooms, treatment areas, etc. are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner
- Current state Registered Nurse license
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is required
- 1+ year(s) of experience in an inpatient healthcare environment required, preferable in behavioral health
- Behavioral healthcare in a hospital environment
- May require standing and walking up to 90% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to lift or carry objects over 25 lbs.