Axiom Healthcare Services' portfolio is growing! We are always looking for excellent leaders to add to our world class team.
We are a senior healthcare services center that assists our facilities in employing people in the Wichita, Denver, and Kansas City regions. At Axiom, we focus on hiring and retaining our amazing employees, as we know that we could not be successful without you. We live by the mission of “improving lives, exceeding expectations.” We don’t just apply this mission to how we treat our patients and residents, but how we treat our employees.
Our facilities are award-winning. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 5-Star CMS rating from Medicare/Medicaid, the 2017 KHCA/NCAL Bronze Award, the 2018 KHCA/NCAL Silver Award, the 2017 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best for Extended Care, and have a U.S. News Top Rating for Nursing Homes in America.
Apply today to become a part of our organization and help us change the lives of the patients and residents in our facilities!
As the Executive Director, you strategically lead facility management in all aspects of operation. This includes staffing, financial management, and marketing. You will be supported by Axiom Healthcare Services in all aspects of your position. This is the highest position in the facility.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Supervises department heads.
- Participate in daily clinical meeting.
- Conduct daily stand up meetings.
- Monitor staffing daily to ensure adequate coverage.
- Develop the facility budget and monitors expenditures, including authorization of supply and equipment purchases.
- Maintain facility is at or near capacity, working closely with clinical team to ensure smooth admission and discharge procedures.
- Fosters a safe environment for all patients, visitors, and employees.
- Ensures all staff is properly hired, oriented, and effectively trained.
- Implements and participates in procedures and programs for: employee retention, risk management, and staff and patient activities.
- Investigates, reports and follows up on complaints from patients, patient’s families and staff.
- Promotes and protects the rights of all patients.
- Demonstrates on an ongoing basis the ability to form and maintain good working relationships with all staff.
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and facility standards and regulations.
- Remain up to date with regulatory updates through company and outside resources.
- Network with community partners and referral sources to establish a positive reputation within in the community to sustain growth.
- This position requires 40+ hours/week with on-call responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration, or related field.
- Current State Adult Care Home Administrator license.
- 5+ years of Administrator experience.
- General office environment within a skilled nursing facility.
- May require standing up or walking for up to 60% of the time.
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.