As the Charge Nurse, you will be required to manage, administer and record the care given to patients. The Charge Nurse position is directly responsible for ensuring that all staff under their supervision complies with the facility mission and provides good customer service, including being attentive and compassionate to all patients, their families, and other staff members. You will monitor and implement patient care plans and are responsible for the direct supervision of floor staff.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Supervise nursing activities in the facility
- Delegate responsibility to nursing staff for the direct care of specific patients
- Assure all medications and treatments are administered as ordered in a timely fashion according to facility policies and schedules
- Monitor work of floor staff to ensure that their assignments are completed and assist with tasks as needed
- Participate in shift change report and passes on information to next shift
- Development, revision, and accuracy of patient care plans.
- Record and monitor progress of patients and communicate with physicians according to facility policies.
- Be a liaison for primary physicians, nursing staff, and families of patients.
- Transfer and discharge patients with appropriate and accurate information.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance to all State and Federal requirements including bloodborne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control and fire safety.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance to patient rights.
- Ensure that nursing service work areas, patient rooms, treatment areas, etc. are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Ensure that procedures for storage and control of medication and supplies are being followed.
- Follow through on patient incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to a supervisor.
- Chart audits and compliance as set forth by regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current state Registered Nurse license
- 3+ years behavioral health experience
- 1+ years supervisory experience
- Geri psych environment
- May require standing and walking for up to 75% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to lift or carry objects over 25 lbs.