Housekeeping is an essential factor in the comfort and care of our residents and patients. You will be responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of this community, including assisting with room transfers. You will need to have the ability to work quickly, effectively, have great communication skills and work well within a team.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Clean resident rooms, bathrooms, common areas, offices, storage, work rooms, therapy, laundry & public restrooms: vacuuming, sweeping, moping, clean toilets, sinks, showers, dust, empty trash & disinfect surfaces
- Refill soap, towel & toilet paper dispensers
- Dust ceiling vents, lights & other areas regularly
- Complete carpet cleaning as scheduled
- Clean vacant rooms immediately after discharge
- Assist in room transfers for residents
- Attend facility in-services and training
- Assure personal & staff compliance to all State & Federal regulations including bloodborn pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials & fire safety
- Assures personal & staff compliance with Resident’s Rights
- May be required to perform light maintenance, including changing light bulbs, checking call lights and reporting repairs needed to the units in TELS
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to lift, move, and push up to 50-100 lbs.
- Long-term care, skilled nursing medical environment.
- May require walking and standing for up to 90% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.