SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
(Role based at iflix HQ, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
iflix is the leading media service for emerging markets. With a presence in over 13 countries across Asia, iflix is revolutionizing online entertainment, offering thousands of hours of the best movies and TV shows from around the world for a single low monthly subscription.
We are rapidly expanding our amazing and passionate technology team and are looking for an out-of-this world Senior Software Engineer, to contribute to the building of what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
You will be responsible for producing and implementing functional software solutions while working with upper management to define software requirements. We’ll be looking for you to take the lead on operational and technical projects. Your goal: to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and iflix business goals.
Our tech stack is mostly NodeJS (JS & TS) and Go based micro-services on backend. And React based app (NextJS, StyledComponents, Storybook, Apollo Client) on web client. Also we use GraphQL for client facing APIs and REST for backend facing ones. And all of that runs on AWS as our cloud provider.
- Solve technical problems with the team.
- Create new features to engage iflix users while working with the broader business i.e. product, data, marketing, content.
- Contribute to finding solutions to business problems, brainstorm ideas and work on cutting edge technologies to achieve the best possible results.
- Construct applications that are scalable, robust and that perform well using AWS services & other technologies.
- Ability to learn fast, and a passion for learning absolutely essential.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- Experience with web stack from client through services up to cloud platforms
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills.
- Ability to learn fast, and a passion for learning is absolutely essential.
- Comfortable working in English both written and spoken.
To learn more about iflix please visit :
- iflix - Blog, Content, Features, Markets… (https://blog.iflix.com/)
- Tao of iflix - Core, Values, People… (http://www.taoofiflix.com/)
- iflix on Stackoverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/iflix)
To apply please visit: http://jobs.jobvite.com/iflix/job/oSFMbfwe
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.