iflix is the subscription video on demand service offering thousands of hours of the best movies and TV shows from around the world for a single low monthly subscription. Driven by eye-wateringly good content, a fantastic product, the latest technology and outstanding people, we've developed a disruptive business and a culture which matches the huge ambition of the company.
We are searching for a Tax Manager to join our team of superheroes in Finance.
WE AREN'T GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO EACH DAY, BUT HERE ARE SOME GUIDELINES...
- You will be providing strategic global tax advice to key business leaders with a focus on Asia, and you will be the first contact and internal tax consultant for the iflix world
- You will partner with business leaders to proactively identify and research tax planning opportunities in all areas on Personal Income Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Withholding Tax, Goods and Service Tax etc. From time to time firefighting will be part of your job.
- You will monitor and supervise regional tax compliance prepared by local teams or external consultants and will improve and enhance our in-house tax
- You will prepare & supervise local tax returns (CIT, VAT/GST, WHT etc.)
- You will coordinate and assist in tax audits and implement the global transfer pricing model in the countries iflix is active
- You will assist in structural and non-structural tax planning strategies and integration
- You will be responsible for a consistent and effective approach to tax risk management and set up tax accounting mechanisms
- You will give expert advice on the impact of legislation, decisions, regulations and rulings in tax and related areas
GREAT IF YOU CAN FIT THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW, BUT IF YOU ARE FUN, PASSIONATE AND EXCITING WE CAN OVERLOOK SOME OF THEM...
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Tax
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar; CPA / ACCA / Masters in Taxation. CPA, ACCA or Tax agent registration is an advantage develop and sustain relationships internally and cross-functionally
- In-depth technical knowledge of Malaysian/Asia/Global tax rules and of international tax principles
- Amazing business sense with great understanding of the tax implications of multi-national companies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high-growth organization, and to
- You have an infectiously enthusiastic attitude, self-motivated with strong ownership of tasks
- You are determined but diplomatic when dealing with colleagues and third parties; you listen carefully and establish credibility
- You have truly entrepreneurial attitude and thrive when thrown in the deep end of the pool
- Results oriented and 100% execution focus