iflix is the leading media service for emerging markets and is revolutionizing online entertainment offering thousands of hours of the best movies and TV shows from around the world for a single low monthly subscription.
We are expanding our amazing and passionate technology team and are looking for an out-of-this world Product Owner
reporting to the Product Director to contribute to the building of what will soon be the most engaging and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
- Work with engineering leads to determine scope and priorities during the product development lifecycle.
- Understand the vision of the product from the point of view of the end user and stakeholders.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value aligned with product strategy.
- Articulate, maintain and refine a prioritised product backlog of detailed user stories to manage flow of work to the development teams.
- Develop detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Work closely with UX designers on the product design during the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborates with the data team to understand our customers' needs and apply data to build, innovate and improve the product.
- Manage the backlog for sprint and release planning from design through to QA and release.
- Collaborates and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholders of the product.
- BS Degree or MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Agile - Effective implementation of agile methodology and cross-functional communication.
- Influences others - Ability to inspire and motivate the product and development teams to deliver successful products.
- Clear and constructive communication skills – Ability to convey information to people clearly and simply, in a way that means things are understood and get done. It's about transmitting and receiving messages clearly, and being able to read target audience, be it senior management, client, subordinates, team members or working partners from other Tech teams. Also be open to suggestions and takes respect for other's opinions.
- Decision making – Analyses multiple solutions to a problem and is confident and comfortable with making decisions and informed risk taking with advice from immediate manager.
- User driven - Know and understand the user and the product that the team is building.
- Collaborates with others - Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders on business requirements and translate them into user stories for implementation by the engineering teams.